Colorado trespass antelope

Addicting

I have 5 points to burn in Colorado for a rifle antelope tag. With @Big Fin saying burn them all I am debating dumping them.

I am seeing this will more than likely end with a trespass fee hunt for the units I could draw. Not sure what this change in tag allocation will do. Anyone have any experience with those parameters?

FYSA we plan on SW WY for an antelope trip and thinking we can add a CO tag on the way back home.

i'd argue it's probably less critical to burn co pronghorn points than most other state/species points you might be holding on to.

I have 5 points to burn in Colorado for a rifle antelope tag. With @Big Fin saying burn them all I am debating dumping them.

I am seeing this will more than likely end with a trespass fee hunt for the units I could draw. Not sure what this change in tag allocation will do. Anyone have any experience with those parameters?

FYSA we plan on SW WY for an antelope trip and thinking we can add a CO tag on the way back home.
I have a rancher with "private land only tag" in a unit west of Craig, CO that is always looking for people to help with the antelope "issues" in the area. You know how to reach me brother.

Bringing this back to the surface. With the winter kill happening this year on the NE units we are looking over towards the plains.

Does anyone have an info for private land trespass hunts on the Eastern plains? Think the only real chance we have of drawing is a private land only tag.

I don’t but that’s the way I’d go… CO public units are a joke. Even the 10+ resident units are pretty low quality compared to MT, WY, NM, etc
Everywhere DIY is looking abysmal especially seeing winter isn’t over and final tags # are not published. Both kids are of age and want to go. I’m struggling deciding what to do to try and get them out chasing an antelope.

Everywhere DIY is looking abysmal especially seeing winter isn’t over and final tags # are not published. Both kids are of age and want to go. I’m struggling deciding what to do to try and get them out chasing an antelope.

Honestly I have 7points and I feel like they are kinda worthless for DIY.

I’ve heard eastern plans trespass hunts are terribly expensive 🤷‍♂️

If you had the time you can probably get permission on a ranch or two in eastern Colorado. A lot of ranchers don’t necessarily like pronghorn. I got permission from a rancher right south of WY line and I asked in June. I first called him and then met him. He only had 3 sections and let two hunters at a time. Got a mid 70s pronghorn. I don’t know about trespass hunts. It’s just takes a lot of driving around to find decent pronghorn areas and they are mostly on private. The grassland forest service parcels are hammered with livestock and hunters. Best of luck, and the area I drew took 7 NR points at the time

Hello All, I also have antelope 5 pts I would like to use. Will be in the Craig area Sept 2024. Any recommendations on an outfitter or public land/Blm areas. Been doing a lot of computer research. Any advice would be appreciated. TY

Hello All, I also have antelope 5 pts I would like to use. Will be in the Craig area Sept 2024. Any recommendations on an outfitter or public land/Blm areas. Been doing a lot of computer research. Any advice would be appreciated. TY
I have hunted this general area for many, many years. 90% of the pronghorn will be on private in this area. They have better feed, water, and protection staying on private land in the areas around Craig.

You will see a very large herd just west of town walking around the "hotel district" all the time and they never leave to go on public. Most of the land west and north of there is private ranches which require access fees or an outfitter.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back