Colorado late season bear

TB-B4

Are bears still out and about in the beginning of November (specifically southwest part of the state). Hunting 3rd rifle elk and was curious if it’s worth adding the tag on. Thanks in advance

My understanding is that bear hibernation is dependent on things like winter severity, availability of food and so on. If the tag isn't expensive I would grab one for sure. Thats my plan in MT anyway.

I saw a large boar year before last in early November. If I'd have had a tag, it would have made me happy.

I've seen bears in 2nd and 3rd rifle, I see the most during September.

In the town where I grew up in CO, we had a tone of problems with bears eating pumpkins people left out on their deck for Halloween.

Thanks for that info. My buddies and I are just weighing out the cost vs opportunity. Being that this is an elk hunt, we won't be actively hunting for bear. I guess worst case we can chalk it up as another donation to a state's fish and wildlife department!

I have bear, wolf, deer and elk tags. They will each get some specific hunting time but it could turn a bad elk hunt into a great bear hunt haha. My tag is a bit cheaper though in mt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back