Colorado Elk Hunting

Hey guys this will be my first year going elk hunting and bear hunting. I've done a bunch of E scouting where my group is going and pretty excited to go. I watch a lot of post on Facebook and here to read successful and un successful post. I've read some post of the area we are hunting and getting nervous about our choice in area about being any elk there. How many of you have done the same thing and still went to the area you planned to hunt and still saw elk where others haven't or have you changed locations due to other people's post and not seeing elk where you planned to hunt. Maybe this is a stupid question but just getting nervous on my first elk hunt. I would just like to see some for my first trip.

TIA
My grandpa went for the muzzleloader season they just did a spot and got to 90 yards and dropped the cow with 150 grains of powder

Hey guys, got back on Sunday Oct 31st was in Colorado 11 days. For the first 3 days we watched smoke roll on the horizon and on the 3rd night it snowed 7". We stayed in a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Outfitters Tent but because of the burn ban no wood stove. Tried buddy heaters but at 9000' in the tent they would only run for about 2 hours. 4th night it got down to -20 degrees and glad I brought hot hands to put in my sleeping bag. We were able to sneak into a herd of about 100 elk after the snow moved in and buddy got a shot but guy a tree branch he didn't see. The herd blew out and ran in front of a guy in our group who took a nice 4x6 bull. We got in a small herd later in the week but couldn't seal the deal. It was probably the hardest physically and mentally hunt I've been on but had a great time. The views alone were worth the trip. Thanks guys for replying to my post I appreciate the feedback.

Good luck to everyone who all have tags.View attachment 161085
👍🏼👍🏼

Hey guys, got back on Sunday Oct 31st was in Colorado 11 days. For the first 3 days we watched smoke roll on the horizon and on the 3rd night it snowed 7". We stayed in a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Outfitters Tent but because of the burn ban no wood stove. Tried buddy heaters but at 9000' in the tent they would only run for about 2 hours. 4th night it got down to -20 degrees and glad I brought hot hands to put in my sleeping bag. We were able to sneak into a herd of about 100 elk after the snow moved in and buddy got a shot but guy a tree branch he didn't see. The herd blew out and ran in front of a guy in our group who took a nice 4x6 bull. We got in a small herd later in the week but couldn't seal the deal. It was probably the hardest physically and mentally hunt I've been on but had a great time. The views alone were worth the trip. Thanks guys for replying to my post I appreciate the feedback.

Good luck to everyone who all have tags.View attachment 161085
Great Job. -20 wow that's hard core. 😳

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back