Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado Elk Application Question

longtail55

Im pretty sure I know the answer but I always like to double check when Im spending hundreds of dollars on something.....

If I put in for 1st choice pref point and then I draw my 2nd choice but then if something happens and I have to get a refund, I wont lose my preference points correct? 2nd choice should never effect the PP's correct?

I believe that to be the case.
It seems like it should work that way since the verbiage in the regs is 'preference point restoration' and you wouldn't have used any.

However - I'd call CPW about this since the first bullet also discusses NOT gaining a point (bolding is CPW's):

2021-03-15 10_51_13-biggame.pdf.png

Thanks guys but that also leads me onto my next thought/dilemma. Would you rather have a cow tag in a trophy WY unit or an Either sex tag in an Not hard to draw unit in CO. looking at all my options. Last couple of years been hunting OTC with a group and this year prob going solo

Thanks guys but that also leads me onto my next thought/dilemma. Would you rather have a cow tag in a trophy WY unit or an Either sex tag in an Not hard to draw unit in CO. looking at all my options. Last couple of years been hunting OTC with a group and this year prob going solo
Both, if you can pull them both off. If not just make sure you have a tag in your pocket for this fall!

Back