CO ML Success

Great story and an awesome bull I’ve been thinking of switching to federal bore locks my self

Awesome hunt and bull!

I know from the ML forum you’re shooting BH and copper federal bor locks. How did you like their performance on the bull?
I am going to do a more in depth write up of them in the ML section, but in short they are awesome. I literally can’t recommend anything besides them for CO ML.
We recovered 4 of the 8 we fired. All of them were perfect mushrooms and all that we recovered were either stuck in offside bone or hide and the rest passed through. However, most important to the success of this trip was the ability to reload. The combo of the BH209 and BOR Locks made reloading a breeze. Even on my last load to finish the bull, I was able to load quickly and easily with just the ramrod. I don’t carry a bullet starter or t-handle any more. If I had been fighting to get a super tight bullet started or fiddling with a starter or t-handle I’m sure I wouldn’t have got a second shot at my bull. I hate that I didn’t get a photo but I’ll never forget how both lungs had this beautiful star shape in both of them. Looked like someone had punched them clean with a cookie cutter.
My gun was shot 8 times in 24 hours (read my mule deer write-up for the details on that) and the last load loaded basically as easily as the first.
The local processor who is also a guide was so impressed with their performance that he actually took photos of the slug and asked me to text him the link to them. He’s going to recommend them to his hunters. For a guy who’s handled hundreds of dead elk over the years to be impressed is really saying something.

Congrats on a great adventure. My Barnes bullets I shoot out of my ML look just like that. Very impressive.

Back