Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Chtistensen MHR

SFC B

We have had a couple of these in the shop for a couple of months now and they are still sitting there. We have not had a range day with them in a while so I haven't been able to shoot them but I.....and it seems everyone else that handles them......don't get it. They are pretty heavy, I think ugly, and $3300....ouch. For me this seems to be a pretty big miss. Anyone have actual experience with them?

They're certainly not pretty, my Savage B22 has a stock with some sharp lines like that but it's all black so you can't tell. I'd rather have a regular chassis-style rifle that is AR-functional-style ugly than that Christensen...

I think they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Really what does the $3300 get you? Same action/barrel as a Ridgeline FFT and that butt ugly stock. I'd rather have their actual chassis model if I really needed the adjustability and save myself $800.

I just don't see the purpose.

Just another company following dumb fads and making ugly guns and charging a ridiculous amount of money to people who think only the $3000 guns are good.

IMO I have never like Christensen or Fierce. I dont like the guns (from a hunting perspective) and not one person has ever told me why they are good and why there normally $1800+. But that's just me.

I have a CA Ridgeline Carbon in .308 with the 24” Proof barrel.

No complaints at all. Really nice trigger, the stock fits me great, drops .4” groups at 100 yards with Federal Gold Medal Match…and .5” groups with my 165 and 180 gr handloads. Dropped two pigs last year with it.

Total rifle weight with a Leupold VX3 3.5-10 on it is 7.5#…a very nice do it all package.

I like some of the features and ideas in theory but it doesn't add up to be an enticing option at the price point. I think i'd like the vertical grip insert, I like the recessed pic rail, I like the stock adjustability, seems like it'd be easy to add an arca rail to the fore end, and the action being nitrided is a plus. All that said, I'd be surprised if it would have as good of ergos as a KRG bravo and a Ridgeline in a KRG bravo chassis would probably weigh about the same and cost $1000+ less.

I don't hate the looks but I'm pinned pretty hard to the "Please start building rifle stocks based on recoil management and ergos that support shooting accurately vs just copying the mediocre stock shapes of 50+ years ago" end of the spectrum and dont much care about looks.

yikes is right. That might be the ugliest firearm I have ever seen. What is the justification for the price?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back