Christensen Ridgeline

MTHunter1321

Anyone have any experiences with one? I saw one today at a sporting good store in a 28 Nosler that definitely caught my attention. Seems pretty light, I think 6.8lbs according to their website. Over $1k less than a Nosler Mountain Carbon albeit slightly heavier. I’ve got an itch to invest in a lighter weight, do it all setup and am wondering if Christensen would be a good way to go or keep looking elsewhere. Any feedback on their rifles would be awesome!

For a lighter gun at about the same price (or cheaper) I would be looking at a Kimber in 280 AI.

I have two of them, one in 6.5 PRC and another in .308. Very accurate and the light weight is a plus, especially if you use a suppressor. Bolts can be sticky after a couple of shots. I think the reason is a tight chamber, but I don’t know that for certain. That’s my only complaint. Otherwise, they kill stuff real good-like.

I know three 300 win mags that are shooting half minute grps. If you think you might upgrade sticks to something more tactical. Consider the elr.

The .28 is the bomb. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. I have in Browning X Bolt Pro. Could be the best all around cartridge. I am sure the Christensen is great but the Mountain Carbon is unreal if you ever handle one. I have a Nosler M48 custom and it’s by far the best overall gun I have ever shot. Mine shoots 1/2 groups. But the MC is expensive compared to the CA. Get a .28 you’ll thank me later.

CA Ridgeline is a fantastic gun. My buddy bought one last year in 300wm. Very accurate, light and less recoil than my 280ai. Unbelievably loud with the muzzle brake.

The 28 nosler looks to be a great caliber. My buddy was looking at it but factoring in the initial set up cost to reload was kind of a shock. Figured $500 to load 100 rounds initially.

I have two of them, one in 6.5 PRC and another in .308. Very accurate and the light weight is a plus, especially if you use a suppressor. Bolts can be sticky after a couple of shots. I think the reason is a tight chamber, but I don’t know that for certain. That’s my only complaint. Otherwise, they kill stuff real good-like.
Same here, my Ridgeline in 300WSM gets a sticky bolt once in a while too. Just a tighter chamber/ tight tolerances according to CA.
They are mostly lights out as far as shooting though. Love mine.

The .28 is the bomb. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. I have in Browning X Bolt Pro. Could be the best all around cartridge. I am sure the Christensen is great but the Mountain Carbon is unreal if you ever handle one. I have a Nosler M48 custom and it’s by far the best overall gun I have ever shot. Mine shoots 1/2 groups. But the MC is expensive compared to the CA. Get a .28 you’ll thank me later.
Good to know! I think I’m in the “buy once cry one” frame of mind for my set up. Obviously have a limit but a MC is at the top end of it. Add in rings and scope and I’d like to keep it around $4k. Figure the CA would be $3k full set up. I do like how the MC is 2” shorter barrel so a little more compact.

If your willing to spend that much, i'd go with a NULA Model 28.
5.75lbs. and i believe comes with Talley lightweight rings.

I have a Model 24B in 280 Rem. (bought used for under 1/3 of new). Love the thing! With sling & Sightron 4-12X40 weighs just under 7lbs.

I'm very pleased with the two Ridgelines I've had, I love light rifles with heavy profile barrels in magnum calibers. I sold one to fund a more compact rifle, but I could have easily kept using it into the future.

I have the Ridgeline in 28 Nosler. I'm very happy with it but it needed some work to be perfect.

1. Stock needed to be bedded. It had some pretty large voids, several 1/4" diameter, where you needed contact with the action.
2. Action screws were too short. Only had about 1.5 threads of engagement (you can get 5+ threads with a properly trimmed screw).
3. Magazine spring needed replaced. The spring was a bit too tall, so the third bullet would fit too tightly, and it would just vomit all the bullets up and out of the magazine when you pulled the bolt back.

I didn't bother contacting Christensen to fix these things, I just did them myself. Maybe they would have fixed them for free? Having done that work, it now shoots consistent 0.3" groups at 100 yards with handloads. No issues with a sticky bolt for me.

Another note on the stock. Its a minimalist profile. The forend is so narrow that you can't even get a harris bipod to stay on the swivel stud. Not really a problem for me but something to be aware of.

I stacked discounts and got it for about $1500 from Cabelas. Its definitely the best value carbon barrel rifle out there. There isn't much difference between the Ridgeline and the other carbon barrel Christensen's, some of which are way more expensive. The Ridgeline still comes with a match grade carbon fiber barrel, a custom action, and a Triggertech trigger. The other models have better shaped stocks, and some are full length bedded, but in my opinion not worth the extra money.

I have one in 7 rm that consistently holds half minute groups at 1k with 168 gr berger handloads.

I have one in 7 rm that consistently holds half minute groups at 1k with 168 gr berger handloads.
Well then you better start entering 1000 yard benchrest matches because you would win almost every single match for every single class shooting 5" aggregates (average groups). ;)

Personally I'd go with the CA over the Nosler. I live here in Nosler town, have quite a few friends who work there, and one is a PRS shooter. If you plan to load longer, higher BC bullets, the magazine on the Nosler's are just too short...unless you plan to single feed. To get the true performance capabilities out of this rifle it needs a non SAAMI chamber and longer mag lengths.

Last edited:
Another note on the stock. Its a minimalist profile. The forend is so narrow that you can't even get a harris bipod to stay on the swivel stud. Not really a problem for me but something to be aware of.
I found a fix for this. Sink the swivel stud deeper into the stock and a Harris bipod will stay on there fine.

Back