Chama Bound Tomorrow A.M.!

100% DO NOT recommend Milligan Brand...lots of lies to get you to buy the hunt...and when you get there (I went Sept 2022) it is a terrible experience and you quickly realize you have been scammed by the owner...not alot of land to hunt....not many animals and low success rate

100% DO NOT recommend Milligan Brand...lots of lies to get you to buy the hunt...and when you get there (I went Sept 2022) it is a terrible experience and you quickly realize you have been scammed by the owner...not alot of land to hunt....not many animals and low success rate
I had the exact opposite experience last year. think there were 8 people in camp 7 killed bulls and the other guy missed 2. It was a fantastic hunt (for me). Sucks you had a bad experience. Ray is kind of rude, but I was willing to deal with that due to how good the hunting was.

Sounds like an awesome trip. As far as the mixed feeling on guided hunts, if I had the ability I would pay whatever it took to see my dad (83) kill an elk when I was there. As long as it was a wild elk I would be thrilled. Dad wouldn't do a "farm" hunt and neither would I. Paying a guide on private land merely increases your chances, it doesn't make any promises.

Enjoy your hunt.

Similar experience here.

Ray was friendly enough to our group.
The guide usually drank beer in the truck while driving in the afternoon.
Mice living in the bunkhouse.
Out of 6 hunters, the only opportunity went to 1 who missed, or at least his guide didn't follow up well on the shot. No one else even saw a bull. We saw a small group of cows early one morning in the dark - running away from us.
The elk were nowhere to be found.

Back