Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cedar siding sucks!!!

schmalts

Spent all of the 4th holiday weekend and all week after work re-staining the house and trim. I hate this crap. the guy who built the house used a solid latex (fancy word for paint) stain. I dont get it, if you dont want the crap to look like wood and want some fancy color why wouldnt you put on Aluminum or Vinyl siding?? A lot less money and work too. I think the only stain used on cedar should be clear or semi-transparent oil base. the latex crap was peeling just like paint. I put on the best stuff out there and if it dont last 4 years i am residing the house with vinyl.

LOL..... I saw a lot of this activity in Washington. They would put really nice looking wood on the side of the house and then paint it some earth tone pinkish yuck color... I never did get that.
LMAO Fred....
Paint on plastic, that really works.... :D

Freds talking about people using latex and the like on the side of plastic siding (vinel). Plastic really isn't meant to paint, it tends to peel fleck or scrape off with the touch of most any thing and you can never fix the problem once it has been started. Unless you start all over and put new stuff on again...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back