Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Carbon six barrels

WVmike

Does anyone have experience with this brand when re-barreling a rifle? I have a Remington 700 ADL .308 in a choate stock that can more than likely accept a bull barrel profile. Next year I plan on putting a carbon barrel on it and a nice leupold scope as well. I'm looking at carbon six and also proof. Has anyone gone through this process and in particular with carbon six? Any info is appreciated.

Last edited:
I have built one with them but haven't had time to shoot it yet. The fit and finish ended up great, but the intial barrel they sent me had headspacing error and they had to do a "do-over". But their customer support was super responsive and they fully resolved quickly. I would use them again, assuming this barrel shoots sub MOA.

I saw in their website they said they have awesome customer service. If you don't mind me asking, what caliber?

I have one on a Tikka in 7mm08. Fit and finish is great. At least as good as my Proofs. Ordered the smooth blended muzzle thread protector and it’s nearly a work of art. Communication was good between placing the order and receiving the barrel. It’s shooting .508 moa at 200yds with a very low effort load work-up. Haven’t gone past 200 yet, but I’m confident I can tighten it up further with some fine tuning.

Did anyone notice there was a round in the chamber while he was giving his spiel in front of the barrel ? There doesn't appear to be any splice or time missing from the video. Shooter closes the bolt, inserts magazine and begins firing without cycling the bolt after mag was inserted. There was a round in the chamber the whole time or I'm missing something.
Please watch the video again

Did anyone notice there was a round in the chamber while he was giving his spiel in front of the barrel ? There doesn't appear to be any splice or time missing from the video. Shooter closes the bolt, inserts magazine and begins firing without cycling the bolt after mag was inserted. There was a round in the chamber the whole time or I'm missing something.
Please watch the video again
The round was in the action with the bolt open and the magazine removed prior to firing.

The round was in the action with the bolt open and the magazine removed prior to firing.
ACTION was open, round was in the CHAMBER. I'm assuming he manually loaded a round into the chamber beforehand because the magazine only holds 5 and they didn't want to stop to reload the sixth shot. I don't care if the action was open, molesting a barrel and knowingly standing directly in front of a loaded gun is bothersome at the minimum.

ACTION was open, round was in the CHAMBER. I'm assuming he manually loaded a round into the chamber beforehand because the magazine only holds 5 and they didn't want to stop to reload the sixth shot. I don't care if the action was open, molesting a barrel and knowingly standing directly in front of a loaded gun is bothersome at the minimum.
Probably not their greatest idea at the time

I have a carbon six set up on a remington 700 action. The first barrel I got had some heads space problems and some other issues that caused the barrel not to headspace correctly(remage set up) I called and gave them some measurements and ended up sending it back they had a new barrel sent to me with in 2 weeks everything worked great.customer service was good. With minimum load work up it holds .5inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it all the way out to 1000 at steel for fun

I have a carbon six set up on a remington 700 action. The first barrel I got had some heads space problems and some other issues that caused the barrel not to headspace correctly(remage set up) I called and gave them some measurements and ended up sending it back they had a new barrel sent to me with in 2 weeks everything worked great.customer service was good. With minimum load work up it holds .5inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it all the way out to 1000 at steel for fun
Always good to hear of a manufacturer taking care of it's customers!

That in and of itself would lead me to deal with them!

Carbon Six uses McGowen blanks for their barrels. I Haven't had a McGowen that doesn't shoot well yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back