Calling in bears?

bulldown

I started this thread over at MonsterMuleys and got some great feedback. Have you guys ever called in a bear? I'm thinking of using a predator call to call in my spring bear and stick him with my bow.

bulldown

I was in Phoenix varmit callers and a lot of guys called in bears using circe trophy call in jackrabbit. It takes a lot of wind as you have to call for 45 to 60 min. with out stoping. I tried with no luck. just make sure someone is watching your back. once when calling bears something came behind me and i would not look back thinking it must be a deer or elk, come to find out my partners were all looking straight ahead. Not Good.

If you are calling in big cat country--make sure you have someone watching your backside.
eek.gif
eek.gif

BullDown,

I've never called specifically for bear. I have had 2 bear come into cow/calf calls while elk hunting. One was an exceptional boar.

T Bone

Hey

Well not saying that it cant be done but in the spring a bears digestion is not ready for meat. When they come out of hibernation they tend to eat grasses and shrubery. This seems to be eaiser on the stomach until they adjust and then they eat anything they get there hands on.
cool.gif

Spring season here goes until mid June and bears eat the shit out of calf elk and fawns that time of the year.

I've called in and shot 4 different bears in April.

They will come to a call in the spring for sure.

Bulldown, Steve has a video on calling bears that is pretty good.
We are in Meridain ,give us a call sometime im sure Steve would let you borrow it.
Email us .

Back