Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Calling all bears...

mtnboy

Hey boys, just wondering how many of you have called bears and what you used?

Last year, while still hunting I had a big boy about 35 yards away in the alders, but couldn't get him out. I ended up throwing rocks into the bushes, but he went the wrong way :( I had a deer bleat in the truck, but didn't think of using it. Whaddaya think??

Here's a cinnamon, I drew on 3 times this spring at 20 yards, but he wouldn't co-operate with a good shot angle. (only five more days...we might meet again):D
Cx81021.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 27 August 2001 00:45: Message edited by: mtnboy ]</font>

I've called em' in successfully. Although not on a regular basis. I've called em' in with a Circe call/jackrabbit reed. I've called more of them in when I was calling for something else, than when I was actually calling for bear. I had a medium sized cinnimon blackie jump on me from behind while calling for cougar last March. I scared the *#!?"*& out of me. I was using my Circe Call again. There's a pic of a B&C blackie that I took, in gallery 2 (I think) of my web pages. You might look at my home page and check out gallery 2
bear.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03 September 2001 23:45: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back