Caribou Gear

California X10 Archery Hunt

JRich7285

This is my very first year to draw in California and I was lucky enough to draw the beautiful X10. I’m looking for tips with logistics in the north-north west part of the zone (camp grounds etc) and what to expect while up there. I plan on spending quite some time up there before the season opener on 8/15, but would love any feedback from those who’ve been up there before!

I’ll be hunting up there this year too. My first time hunting. Going with my nephew. Been using google earth and onX maps, hopefully that will help. I will be doing a lot of glassing and trying to find them.

I was out there this year for 3 days seen a couple of does and a-lot of rattlesnakes in the area I was in. I’ll be heading back out on the last weekend.
Did you guys have any success?

I no longer live in CA and i never filled a X10 tag, but I did hunt it once. After a few days of hunting the monache meadows area we started to hike into the wilderness area on the east side of the monache meadows. This will lead you to the PCT and a bridge that will cross over the river. If I were to go back I would definitely hunt that area, I believe it was called Deer mountain. I recognize that this season has already started but maybe this info will point you in the right direction.

Back