California Vacation

Some great advice already. While you're on the Sonoma part of your trip I would recommend heading over to Point Reyes for a day trip. There's some great hikes that take you through some beautifull and diverse country and end at the ocean. If you hit it at the right time of day you'll likely see some blacktail deer and tule elk. As already mentioned Muir Woods could be another great place to hit as a day trip from Sonoma. You can head over to Stinson Beach from there as well if you want to check out the ocean.

Monterrey is a popular destination, but I wasn't overly enthused, so if you're looking for something to skip, I'll offer that as a suggestion. The aquarium was neat, but at $50/person, I walked around with a hitch in my step the rest of the day.

Muir Wood is a must as is Muir Beach. Drive north thru Gilmore and enjoy the garlic. Food is pretty spectacular. Be observant as you drive down the hill from the forrest to the beach and if you make that drive, come one back and tell me what you see on the hillside. In the forest you will see some of the oldest living creatures on earth. Trees that were alive when Jesus walked the earth.. definitely worth a look.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back