Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CA spring turkey draw hunts. Suggestions?

HuntCA

I'm sure most here are not in CA, but if you are, what would be your 3 choices from this list? I've not been to any of these areas so any tips would be welcome. The numbers are the actual hunt IDs. Thanks!

Cosumnes River Arno (3/28)
Cosumnes River Arno (3/29)
Cosumnes River Dilliard (3/28)
Cosumnes River Dilliard (3/29)
Cosumnes River McFarland (3/28)
Cosumnes River McFarland (3/29)
Daugherty Hill WA (3/28)
Daugherty Hill WA (3/29)
Gray Lodge WA (3/28 - 3/29)
Kanaka Valley BLM (3/28)
Kanaka Valley BLM (3/29)
Little Dry Creek (3/28)
Little Dry Creek (3/29)
Oroville WA (3/28 - 3/29)
Spenceville WA (3/28)
Spenceville WA (3/29)

I have hunted most of them, or have had friends draw them, with the exception of LDC and I can truly say they are all worth hunting, especially on the opening weekend. You literally can't go wrong with any of them, unless there are late March rains that cause flooding at LDC, Gray Lodge or Cosumnes, but you can't control the weather.

I have hunted most of them, or have had friends draw them, with the exception of LDC and I can truly say they are all worth hunting, especially on the opening weekend. You literally can't go wrong with any of them, unless there are late March rains that cause flooding at LDC, Gray Lodge or Cosumnes, but you can't control the weather.
Thanks so much for the insight. I ended up splitting up the early draw in 3 different areas(Spencerville, Daugherty Hill, and LDC) for choices 1,2,3 with Spenserville being #1 due to all the pictures I could see on Gmaps/earth/OnX showing some really great looking ground. All a crapshoot that's for sure since I'm from Southern CA and have never been up to any of those WAs. All the others seemed like they were heavily watered and most were close into Sacto so I was trying to pick one with a bit more space around it. Most likely will not draw, but ya never know. Thanks for getting back to me!

Thanks so much for the insight. I ended up splitting up the early draw in 3 different areas(Spencerville, Daugherty Hill, and LDC) for choices 1,2,3 with Spenserville being #1 due to all the pictures I could see on Gmaps/earth/OnX showing some really great looking ground. All a crapshoot that's for sure since I'm from Southern CA and have never been up to any of those WAs. All the others seemed like they were heavily watered and most were close into Sacto so I was trying to pick one with a bit more space around it. Most likely will not draw, but ya never know. Thanks for getting back to me!
Did you end up getting drawn for any of your locations? I hunted Spenceville last fall and didn't have much luck. I was thinking of putting in for one or two of the Cosumnes sites or Daugherty Hill.

Did you end up getting drawn for any of your locations? I hunted Spenceville last fall and didn't have much luck. I was thinking of putting in for one or two of the Cosumnes sites or Daugherty Hill.
Sadly I did not draw any of the ones I listed. Adding insult to injury I actually was drawn for a special hunt on a private ranch from one of the SHARE hunt draws. I had to give it up and help a family member with an unscheduled surgery. Like having to rip up a winning lotto ticket :-(( Trying again this year with the draw and the special hunts. I have some extra vacation time so maybe I can get out more. I'm in So. CA so it's a trek to get up North.

Have these been listed on the DFW site yet? I haven't seen an announcement and when I go to the special hunts page I don't see anything listed.
Yes. Log in to your account and go to 2020 HUNTING(I know it's 2021, but CA) tab under PURCHASE LICENCES tab. Under the blue DRAWINGS banner you will see the SHARE hunts for "opening day" "balance of season" and "archery only". Under those, you will see all your choices. Pick 3 and if you win you will only get one of the three.

Attachments

• Share turkeyhunt 2020.PNG
    Share turkeyhunt 2020.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Share turkeyhunt choices 2020.PNG
    Share turkeyhunt choices 2020.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear