Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Busy Little Saturday

thomas89

Busy little Saturday, Home Depot later, look at some flooring, maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond later, I don’t know, I don’t know if we’ll have enough time!

Attachments

• B47421D2-A7A1-4DBB-93C1-23F596943F91.jpeg
    B47421D2-A7A1-4DBB-93C1-23F596943F91.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
I loaded up thirty rounds of 30-06 for Africa this morning.

I managed to find two boxes of Federal gold medal primers way out in Vancouver. They sure bent me over for those. Two days ago in Superior, Wisconsin I picked up two pounds of Accurate 4350, one pound of Winchester AA Super (shotgun powder), RCBS dies (30-06), and two 25 lb bags of shot. Total was $318 US funds. After paying for gas to drive 4 hrs one way and back, exchange rate (30%), and duty (13%), my bank account needed a rape kit.

You mean to tell me you don’t like kitchen gadgets?
I do. But my wife shops and buys those. I tend to the cows, property, fishing, gear, etc. When my wife replaced my kuerig with a Nespresso… I was like..1660448591224.jpeg

high wore off and I like the Nespresso now. 1660448829546.jpeg

I loaded up thirty rounds of 30-06 for Africa this morning.

I managed to find two boxes of Federal gold medal primers way out in Vancouver. They sure bent me over for those. Two days ago in Superior, Wisconsin I picked up two pounds of Accurate 4350, one pound of Winchester AA Super (shotgun powder), RCBS dies (30-06), and two 25 lb bags of shot. Total was $318 US funds. After paying for gas to drive 4 hrs one way and back, exchange rate (30%), and duty (13%), my bank account needed a rape kit.
I'm surprised you were allowed over the border with that!

I don't even bring my fillet knife when i cross over for salmon fishing!

I looked into bringing back primers since i was heading up to Toronto.
Still haven't heard back from our ATF on that. It's been almost a year.

You don’t want to know what I had to do to get the primers for these ones…times are tough!
I hope it wasn’t anything along the lines from the “male order sausage thread”.
I would have sent you some freebies to save you from that.

I'm surprised you were allowed over the border with that!

I don't even bring my fillet knife when i cross over for salmon fishing!

I looked into bringing back primers since i was heading up to Toronto.
Still haven't heard back from our ATF on that. It's been almost a year.
I am US citizen and Canadian permanent resident. I fall into catch 22 on both sides.

5FCC1401-6A3B-4BB0-BE1B-F09F5C9B8FAD.jpeg

I don’t know if I’m splitting hairs or not at this point but thought about messing with seating depth a bit. These felt like they were right against the lands, bolt a little stiff to close. I’ve heard Barnes likes a bit of jump so why not. Certainly good enough at this point already.

View attachment 234090

I don’t know if I’m splitting hairs or not at this point but thought about messing with seating depth a bit. These felt like they were right against the lands, bolt a little stiff to close. I’ve heard Barnes likes a bit of jump so why not. Certainly good enough at this point already.
Per Barnes, start about 0.050" off the lands.

Per Barnes, start about 0.050" off the lands.
Sooo this is exactly why I gave up reloading several years ago. I've got a sub-MOA load there. But I just spent an hour last night messing with seating depth, OACL varying by .05 of an inch. Only to be up this morning reading about how jumps as small as .003 of an inch will impact accuracy.

If I didn't just save over $100 on those two boxes of shells I'd probably be throwing in the towel again.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back