Burris Eliminator

Coach P

I have just received my Burris Eliminator from UPS. It is now mounted on my Savage weather warrior 300 win mag.

I bought the Burris for its ranging capabilities and the good write-ups. My question is does anyone have any comments on the performance of this scope ?

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks,

coach p

I've only seen it on the Outdoor Channel...used with a Savage also as I recall. Welcome and be sure to post a range review. Interestng concept..sorta like the rail mounted Swaro I'm guessing.

I want one. The only thing that I can find that might be wrong with this scope is that on their website they have a temp range that the scope will work in ranging from 14 F to 122 F. When I saw the 14 F I wondered if it will work below this temp. But I figure the scope will still work well below these temp just the range finding and illuminated hold over may not work...so at that point the setup simply becomes a regualar scope. Do range finders even work when it is stinking cold out? Anyone know?

My Bushnell 1000 rangefinder has worked in below zero temps, just fine. Truly never noticed any changes when hunting below zero with it.

Well I have finally had a couple weekends in a row free of work and honey-do. I have made three trips to the range with the new rig. The first two trips were focused on finding what factory ammunition the gun liked. I got decent groups with 180gr Fed Power-Shock soft points, but I know they could be better. The third trip was with the first batch of hand loads. So far so good.

The scope lived up to all the hype and I am very pleased with the purchase. The magnification of the scope is 3 to 12 and is more than enough power. The glass is clear at the lower powers, but is just a little grainy at 12. The scope can be zeroed at 100 yards or 200 yards. If 100 yards is used the scope will range out to 500 yards, however if you start with 200 yards the top end is 600 yards. The only task that you need to do is to dope the wind.

After I entered in the bullet info into the scope I began shooting. I started at 100 yards and stopped at 400 yards as I ran out of time. At distances over 200 yards the dot begins to cover your target and aim point a bit. Small price to pay when the built-in rangefinder displays 300 yards and then the holdover dot lights up. Knowing where your rifle shoots at 300, 400, 500 + yards makes the placement of the illuminated dot on your game easier. My suggestion would be to get some butcher paper and make some deer silhouettes. Then you can practice on a life size animal target instead of a round back dot. All in all this is a nice 3x12 scope with both illuminated range finding and illuminated holdover. In my opinion it’s worth the price.

Coach P

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back