Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Bug out!

Bullshot

Bug out!

Means different things to different people. But my night (or rather my 13 yo daughter’s) brought it a little close to home in an unexpected way…. she was swimming in the pool at night and came tearing into the house FREAKING OUT with blood coming out of her ear screaming a beetle was clawing into her ear. Well 0 to 100mph this night went! Crying, screaming, writhing around while I tried to flush and or see into her ear. No dice. Flash forward to the end, 12 hours later, three different ER’s in two different states, 4 or 5 different doctors (pre dawn on Sunday no less) and here’s the result. I need a TALL whiskey after this one.

Oh yeah. And it happened at her birthday party.

DB50297B-ED09-4611-82C1-6813049D7326.jpeg

I knew a guy that had one stuck up his nose. Must have crawled in there when he was sleeping. Anyways his face swelled up and hurt very bad. He had no idea why but he felt like he had to blow his nose constantly. After a few days a dead Beetle fell out.

Cut those finger nails! Wouldn’t let you dig in my ear neither! 😅

Seriously though, that’s so gnarly. Glad you got it out.

Same deal happened to my daughter while we were camping....the whole campground thought she was being murdered and took me a minute to figure out what was wrong with her. My wife took her to an urgent care 40 minute s away. Two doctors tried to get it and gave it one last shot as an ambulance was on the way to get her. They finally got it!
I was coming in the house and a moth flew in my ear. Came in the house shaking and smacking my head with the palm of my hand. My wife stood there looking at me like I was possessed by a demon. I told her that something had flown in my ear and is trying to eat it's way to my brain. As soon as I finishes saying that the stupid thing flew out of my ear and my wife dropped to the ground. Thought I was going to have to call an ambulance because she was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe!

Holy moly, I thought bugs crawling in ears was a myth. Hopefully your daughter is fine now, that's some rough stuff.

In case anyone ever has a moth fly in their ear, don't bash the side of your head and risk killing the thing....instead, go into a room and turn off all the lights and hold a flashlight up to the wall and stand with your ear facing the wall about 2' away. The moth will go to the light. Worked for me...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back