Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Buff bowfishing 4-4-10

174in

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

a COUPLE OF THE BIGGER FISH FROM TONIGHT

Nice fish, all we have out here is commons to shoot, wish we had some more variety

Them are some nice slobs.... they make for good bear attractant this time of year... ;)

174 - did you scale any of them ??

G-man - Do you have any Gar in Idaho ??

Last edited:
man that looks like a blast! looks like your rigged up pretty good with lights and stuff. What water did you hit for those? Are the buffs spawning now?

They weighed in at 23# and 24# Got them on the Wisconsin river they are not spawning quite yet.

No gar here, just mostly all commons although there are a few grass carp in the state but its rare to shoot one. We have some big commons though, a friend of mine shot the state record last yr 43 pds, but its not uncommon to shoot 25-30 pders each time out

A few we smoke,other people take some to smoke,some make trapping bait or catfish bait,the rest go to fertilize my garden or food plots,or feilds nothing goes to waste in the woods.

There was a few years back I filled 2 garbage cans full of carp when I hit the spawn just right. I was by myself and had a heck of a time getting them all into the dumpster at the landing...

I once had a Grumman Renegade flat bottom bass boat rigged for Bowfishing. Was in a night tournament with a buddy of mine and doing quite well... until the back end of the boat was under water and we couldn't move anymore....:eek:

We had close to 100 fish, and at 15 - 20 lbs each, well out reached the boats 900 lb limit.

We unloaded a pile on the shore and had to make 2 trips to haul them all in so they could be counted for our tally.

We didn't come close to winning - but hell of a fun time as always...;)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back