Yeti GOBOX Collection

Browning BLR Accuracy??

I ordered a Zeiss Conquest 4 for it just after Christmas. Put it on yesterday. It's windy down here this time of year til maybe April. Will see how tge new scope shoots. DesertDog on youtube had a great video on the 4 best Scopes for $1,000. I already owned 4 Leupokd VX5s and one VX6, so I wanted to try something else. I also got a Meopta Optika6 2.5-15 for my BAR in .338 win Mag. I'd call it a Zeiss knockoff. I guess the used to make some Zeiss's but had various production problems. I'll let ya know how it does. That .338 should rattle its balls, lolol.

Attachments

• 20231230_132103.jpg
    20231230_132103.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
I ordered a Zeiss Conquest 4 for it just after Christmas. Put it on yesterday. It's windy down here this time of year til maybe April. Will see how tge new scope shoots. DesertDog on youtube had a great video on the 4 best Scopes for $1,000. I already owned 4 Leupokd VX5s and one VX6, so I wanted to try something else. I also got a Meopta Optika6 2.5-15 for my BAR in .338 win Mag. I'd call it a Zeiss knockoff. I guess the used to make some Zeiss's but had various production problems. I'll let ya know how it does. That .338 should rattle its balls, lolol.
That’s a beautiful rifle. Congrats.

I ordered a Zeiss Conquest 4 for it just after Christmas. Put it on yesterday. It's windy down here this time of year til maybe April. Will see how tge new scope shoots. DesertDog on youtube had a great video on the 4 best Scopes for $1,000. I already owned 4 Leupokd VX5s and one VX6, so I wanted to try something else. I also got a Meopta Optika6 2.5-15 for my BAR in .338 win Mag. I'd call it a Zeiss knockoff. I guess the used to make some Zeiss's but had various production problems. I'll let ya know how it does. That .338 should rattle its balls,

That’s a beautiful rifle. Congrats.

Thanks. I saw it on Gunbroker.com in the late Spring after buying a new blued BLR in .300 Win Mag. I really like the 7mm Rem Mag, and seeing this in the stainless really caught my eye. I had to pay up to get it, but figured that you only live once. I think I paid $1800 all in, but that included a Swarovski Z5 5-25 scope that was worth $1,000 ($1,500 new) that I could sell if I wanted to. I'm going to put that scope on a HBAR I have. It will be good for varmint hunting in Montana.

Guns are kinda like real estate. When ya see a prime piece of beach property come up for sale, ya don't try to negotiate and chisel the guy cause he already has others chomping at the bit to get it. Whoever speaks first is the loser! I firmly believe this and have seen it time and again. So, I always ask the buyer what is his bottom line. Ya don't piss the guy off by low-balling him. If ya don't like his price, you can walk away, and he isn't insulted by your offer and unwilling to discuss further. He hasn't shut you down. It works for me.

I took that Swarovski scope and put it on my Colt CAR-A3 HBAR to make it an awesome varmint rifle out to 300 yards. I gotta re-sight it in, however. I had an ATN-red dot on it to use it as a home defense rifle.

Last edited:
I own 2 in .308 one 1976, other in 1993. The older 1976 is my standard everyday shooter a 1" group at 100 yds with factory loads with Winchester silvertips 165's, whitetail/bear is my main game. I would not be afraid to use for antelope/elk out to 350/400 yds. I have a 300 RUM for that.

I know this is fairly old post but I have shot several from 22-250-284 Winchester-257 Roberts-308-358 Winchester. All of them would group at or under 1.5" with factory loads and down to .75" with the right handloads. The most accurate of them was the 358 Winchester with Hornady 200gr loads most 4 shot groups would be touching at 100yards. Wish I had them still I don't own a single one anymore.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back