Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Broadheads

1_pointer

I know that this comes up every so often, but what type of broadhead do you use?

For about the past 5 years I have used expandables exclusively for whitetails and have had good luck with them. I have used Vortex and Satellites and they do work and fly great. However, I don't think that they hold up as well as fixed blade broadheads when bone is hit. I shot an 8pt last year in the spine and one of the blades sheared off!!! Deer was still dead, but would have liked to see the head hold up better. Thinking of switching to fixed blades, but haven't decided yet.

But, if you shoot them in the boiler room they do massive damage and leave hellacious(sp?) blood trails. So, what do you use?

Personally I like the replaceable broadheads. ELk hunting was horrible one day, but grouse were everywhere. i shot at one that was sitting on a downed log. I missesd the grouse the arrow went thorugh a maze of branches and twids that were still on the tree. I was sure that one of the blades was oging to be gone. to my suprise all three blades were still there. the thing that amazed me the most was that the arrow was bent. I use the razor lite 100g rocky mountain Broadheads :eek: :eek:

I have used bear fixed blades that i hated sattelite,rocky mtn.and thunderhead replaceble. staying with the thunderheads seem to kill the best for me

I've taken elk, deer, and bear with Satellite Mag 100 grain broadheads with great success. One elk was a spine shot, the broad head stayed completely intact.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T Bone:
I've taken elk, deer, and bear with Satellite Mag 100 grain broadheads with great success. One elk was a spine shot, the broad head stayed completely intact.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that last post, I wasn't sure what i was doing!
When I first started out i used the bear full bladed broadheads witha bleeder. At that time I was shooting a low poundage bow. I started to use bow bullets and loved them, but now they dont make them any more. The satalites-I agree-suck! The blades kept falling apart on me.
This year my husband and I both switched to NAP retractables. These have to be the most awesome broadheads I have ever shot. They fly much flatter and truer than any other broadhead I have used. And the exit wounds are twice the diameter! you could almost stick yur hand in the holes. I have shot 3 deer with them this season, and one I used twice. I need to buy more arrows now. I am using the titaniums without the o rings. Practicing with the practice blades have been great, so as not to wear out the blades.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks!

Welcome to Moosie's str8 arrow!!! Congrats on the deer this year!!! I agree that the expandables are VERY effective on whitetails. I might just have to give the NAP's a try. Are they the Spitfires or the Shockwave?? Have you hit any bone with these yet?? Again congrats on the deer!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back