PEAX Equipment

Bowman Nose Button

rustednuts

I decided to see what they hype around the bowmar nose button was about and purchase one. It arrived Monday and I installed that night. Installation was as it slips over your string and is tied down with a constrictor knot. I noticed that groups tightened up right away. I rotated the button so that when I’m properly aligned I have two spikes touching the tip of my nose. I’ve struggled with a consistent face pressure / side to side anchor point. I feel the nose button helps me correct those issues. Perhaps the best feedback I get from it is the ability to tell when I messed up my shot execution verse improper anchoring. Anyone else tried one?

@Mossy-Back has been talking them up recently. He should have a good read on it now as much as he shoots.

He just sent me one to try out. Hope to get it installed this weekend.

I also have them on both my bows. I’m sure it has helped some. I’ll see how it goes through bow season.

As long as it's not causing string pressure a solid reference point for your nose is a good thing. I typically will just tie basically a nock set with serving material to act as a reference point since it weighs basically nothing and works well.

I will say the nose button vs. nock set type knot is that in the cold your gonna feel the edges on the nose button where I dont believe your gonna fell the nock set.

Next time I’m in the shop I think I’ll get one installed . Like the idea and the positive reviews.

There is lots on room for vertical stringing especially when using a 3/8 or 1/4 peep, a more consistent/ precise frame of reference with a nose button or tied in equivalent will clear it up. I don't care for Bomar, but the nose button is very well thought out.

Last edited:
Nose button is same concept as kisser button only used for refernece of your nose on string.

Imagine the precision you could get if you had a nose button AND a kisser button 🙄

Nose button is same concept as kisser button only used for refernece of your nose on string.

The string always touches the tip of my nose, so that’s my reference and would be redundant to me. The kisser button would offer me a reference that I don’t have anymore. Use to I could put the edge of my fletch in the corner of my mouth, making a kisser button useless/redundant. Now I don’t have that reference, so a kisser would be useful.

The string always touches the tip of my nose, so that’s my reference and would be redundant to me. The kisser button would offer me a reference that I don’t have anymore. Use to I could put the edge of my fletch in the corner of my mouth, making a kisser button useless/redundant. Now I don’t have that reference, so a kisser would be useful.
By touching your nose to the string, yes you do have a reference, but do you put it in the exact same spot and look through your peep the exact same every time? The point of the spikes on the nose button is to tie it to the string so it is in the exact same point everytime and you will touch your nose to the same exact spot on the string every time making it so you look through the peep the exact same every time. This should increase precision...

By touching your nose to the string, yes you do have a reference, but do you put it in the exact same spot and look through your peep the exact same every time? The point of the spikes on the nose button is to tie it to the string so it is in the exact same point everytime and you will touch your nose to the same exact spot on the string every time making it so you look through the peep the exact same every time. This should increase precision...

I don’t have any issues with repeatability, cause I have two other references that are used. I guess if you only had one reference it could be beneficial.

I have one and it works great. I have a beard so I was putting to much pressure on the string trying to feel a kisser button. I'm ne
w to archery so I like the repeatability of where my nose hits the string. And since its sharp I don't put much pressure on the string.

I’m sure bowmar would appreciate the money to help with some potential legal bills...
You beat me to the punch. The amount of the fines the judge is handing out to all the other poachers involved he is gonna need to sell a bunch of these nose piercing rings.

I put one on as soon as i bought my first bow and i couldn't imagine learning to shoot without one. It really increases confidence and consistency. It allowed me to focus on the other aspects of my form and not really worry about my anchor.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back