Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Boots for wife

Nick87

Anybody want to recommend a good pair of womens hiking boots? Don't need anything insulated just waterproof quality. Wufe likes to hike with me around state parks and national forest in Midwest. Maybe twice a year we go somewhere for the weekend and try to do some hiking while in vacation. Thanks

Keens are ugly as hell but actually very comfy for the casual hiker and won’t break the bank. I’ve put many miles on them hiking daily for work in prairie/sage steppe/breaks/badlands type terrain. Can usually kill a pair in a year or so of daily abuse, but they are cheap enough it doesn’t bother me. Refuse to wear out my expensive boots for that type of field work. 😁

Keens are ugly as hell but actually very comfy for the casual hiker and won’t break the bank. I’ve put many miles on them hiking daily for work in prairie/sage steppe/breaks/badlands type terrain. Can usually kill a pair in a year or so of daily abuse, but they are cheap enough it doesn’t bother me. Refuse to wear out my expensive boots for that type of field work. 😁
Had my eye on those . 👍

My wife loves her Merrels and Danners. I know those two don’t have the best reputations these days but for no more than she wears them they work. The Danners have even survived a 2nd season CO hunt. She mainly wears the Merrels on our hikes and hunts here in TX.

I've picked up my bride a set of Crispis summit GTX boots a couple years back. She's been pretty fond of them so far have great support and pretty light. With some forgiveness, I will agree with @Hunting Wife Keens are ugly as hell but a great option for a great mid hiker.

I’d say keens, merrels or oboz.
Pretty much this but go somewhere and have her try them on and walk around the store. Keens kill my feet but I have friends who swear by them. I love Merrels but they just don’t last like they use to. I switched to Oboz and they have lasted a few years now but after a week long hunt/trip I’m ready to throw them away and find something else.

Feet are peculiar.

Was shopping around for keens, lot of used ones on rei. Didn't know they did that anyone ever buy used from them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back