Boom sticks are cool...but show off your bow!

Here’s a few pics of my bow from this season.

- Mathews V3x 33
- Black gold 3 pin slider (27 / 40 / 50 pins)
- Hamskea Epsilon Rest
- 8 inch Spider Stabilizer with 6 oz weight and a mathews offset bracket
- Tight spot quiver
- Shooting RIP TKOs with 75 brass HIT inserts and AAE fletchings
- 1.5 Sevr the last two seasons but I picked up some tooth of the arrow 1” solids that I’m gonna try out this year

Attachments

• IMG_5662.jpeg
    IMG_5662.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Here’s a few pics of my bow from this season.

- Mathews V3x
- Black gold 3 pin slider (27 / 40 / 50 pins)
- Hamskea Epsilon Rest
- 8 inch Spider Stabilizer with 6 oz weight and a mathews offset bracket
- Tight spot quiver
- Shooting RIP TKOs with 75 brass HIT inserts and AAE fletchings
- 1.5 Sevr the last two seasons but I picked up some tooth of the arrow 1” solids that I’m gonna try out this year
How do you like the grip? I’m still shooting the factory and have considered swapping to side plates or one of the ultraviews

How do you like the grip? I’m still shooting the factory and have considered swapping to side plates or one of the ultraviews
I really like it. The back has the perfect grip angle for me. Really easy to lock my wrist in how I want it and flatten my palm in the right spot before I draw and keep it in the same spot as I hold and execute my shot. Gives me a really consistent grip. Also like the squared off edges, helps with torque. I think they make an updated version now that looks like the same shape but maybe made with different materials?

I really like it. The back has the perfect grip angle for me. Really easy to lock my wrist in how I want it and flatten my palm in the right spot before I draw and keep it in the same spot as I hold and execute my shot. Gives me a really consistent grip. Also like the squared off edges, helps with torque. I think they make an updated version now that looks like the same shape but maybe made with different materials?
Cool thanks, is it any wider than the factory one? I like how narrow it is but I’m not in love the rounded back

1706030617144.png
Had just enough "cammie juice elk blood" to get this nice 30 yard group with new strings after playing with the rest last weekend. Had it for 6 years - just used to it and it works - why change? Hoping to take it out for pronghorn and elk (again) next year.

Cool thanks, is it any wider than the factory one? I like how narrow it is but I’m not in love the rounded back
I think it might be little wider than the stock grip. I just measured the uv with some digital calipers and it’s 0.84 inches wide

Here's my recurve bow. I credit it as the sole reason why I am a bow hunter today. My dad got it back in the late 60s from a friend in college who was making bows.IMG_4808.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

IMG_4810.jpeg

As a little kid I was fascinated by this bow and always wanted to shoot it. When I finally got a house with a backyard in 2010, I "borrowed" it from my dad and started shooting it in the backyard.

I eventually got a used compound and then upgraded to a new model and have taken 5 deer over 6 seasons. Last year I took the recurve out a couple times and this coming season I'll take it out a few more times. I'd really like to shoot my first deer with this bow. It would literally be a child's dream come true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back