Books on Trapping - Recommendations

Nameless Range

I recently took Montana's Trappers Education Course. It is online, and requires one field day. I have yet to take the field day, and it is unclear to me when one will be available, but in the meantime I figured I would expand my knowledge and daydreaming-fuel with books about trapping.

I have quite a few historical books on trapping and trappers - some of which are my favorites - but I am more interested in educational material on trapping, be it species-specific or not.

Anyone have any recommendations?

What are you wanting to trap I could probably help you out. Now a guy could probably learn almost everything from the internet and you tube

What are you wanting to trap I could probably help you out. Now a guy could probably learn almost everything from the internet and you tube

Honestly, I don't have specific goals. I know so little about trapping and have never done it. I am looking to expand my knowledge as an outdoorsman and have another thing to do with my kids. I do hope to pursue muskrats and bobcat, because I have places in mind I would like to try for those.

You are right about the internet and youtube, and I will lean on those. I do have an affinity for books, though.

Honestly, I don't have specific goals. I know so little about trapping and have never done it. I am looking to expand my knowledge as an outdoorsman and have another thing to do with my kids. I do hope to pursue muskrats and bobcat, because I have places in mind I would like to try for those.

You are right about the internet and youtube, and I will lean on those. I do have an affinity for books, though.
Muskrats are easy to trap. Few different ways you can do it depending on the habitat they are in. Bobcats sorry I have no experience with them

I say this with regret but you’re probably better off watching YouTube videos to learn about trapping.

Trappers aren’t a literary group.

If you are ever around missoula, I could show you how to set a trap, make a dirthole set and a flat set. I havnt done much trapping in water. I would guess they showed you the basics in trappers ed though.

I've made lots of fenceline snares for coyotes too if your in to that sort of thing

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back