Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Book Exposes Industrial Forestry Impacts

Ithaca 37

As Bush Administration Proposes "Healthy Forest Restoration Act", New Book Exposes Industrial Forestry Impacts

"Ever since Gilgamesh cut down the ancient cedar forests of Mesopotamia, civilizations and empires have foundered and collapsed in the wake of widespread deforestation. Today, with three quarters of the world's original forests gone (95% of the original forests in the U.S.) and the pace of cutting, clearing, processing, and pulping ever accelerating, Jensen and Draffan lay bare the stark scenario we face?we being not only people, but the nonhuman fabric of life itself?unless deforestation is slowed and stopped...."

http://www.enn.com/businesscenter/products/797_10232.asp

Of course the forests of old are gone, the difference on what you stated about them all being gone in days of old, is the fact they didn't re-grow that which they removed...
I implore you to show me places in this country where it is not being done, either naturally or by man. This is a major renewable resource and must be cycled or it will be burned down...While it is great that I have a very good job chasing fires, I would much rather see the forests kept healthy, sustainable, and used to their maximum potential!!!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back