Caribou Gear

Blaze Orange

hntrjohn

OK Guys and Gals,

Who were's hunter orange out in the field. I know in WY you need at least a hat.
In CA we don't have to were anything. If I am on public land I have a vest AND a hat on.

What about you?

John

------------------
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world"

Cliff Burton

hntrjohn here in Washington you are required to wear 400 sq inches while using modern firearms for deer and Elk.Also if you are hunting a Archery or muzzleloader elk or deer season that overlaps with the modern season you have to wear the hunter orange also.I personally have no problems wearing it during deer and elk season cause of all the idiots up in the mts.It seems like 25% of the time they dont even see you with the orange on.

------------------
Good Huntin-Kraven

Here in Michigan Blaze Orange is required for firearm hunting with the exception of waterfowl. I make a point of wearing some on each side of me so itr is visible from all sides unless on private land where I just wear a hat or something.

------------------
~Dan~
hntr_trap.gif

Click Here to visit "The Junior Hunter Online Magazine"

Here in AZ we are not required to wear any orange, And I dont. We have some orange vests that I'll make the kids wear if we are hunting around alot of people but thats not often.

------------------
Good Luck
The Greek

popeye_brut.gif

We arent required to wear blaze orange here in Idaho,but, we usually wear a vest anyway . We pack most animals out with pack frames and I always put some blaze on that.

------------------
Debbie

Wyoming requires that you wear one garment of blaze. Can be a hat if you prefer. Personally I always wear a blaze sweatshirt, or a vest if I'm wearing a heavy coat. Can't be too careful, you know?? I get a kick out of the nonres hunters. Look like the great pumpkin. Orange head to foot!!!

I wear the minimum required by law. Muzzleloader season. The muzzleoader season I hunt for deer here has no overlap so I don't wear any then.

I don't like looking like the great pumpkin, but I do like to be safe so I wear it when I have to. If I'm packing out game or there are lots of drunks in area I wear a crap load of it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

MN requires blaze orange but, I hate it soooo..........just between you me, and the wall, I never wear any.....of course I am hunting alone on private land.
biggrin.gif

When hunting away from home I submit to wearing the bare minnimum....oh yea, If you wash that stuff a couple thousand times, It becomes alot less offensive!
biggrin.gif

Here in Az it isnt requiered , However if I take my kids out to the woods,and or desert no matter what time of the year they have it on.
I cant belive in CA its not required One would think that your whole vehicle would also have to be orange in ca.

Delw

The first and only time my uncle went deer hunting here in CA, He heard a shot, then he heard the bullet go by. He said he did not know how close a bullet needs to be to hear it, but it was to close. He hid behind a rock and smoked up his whole pack of cigetettes.

John

------------------
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world"

Cliff Burton

here in NY, there are no requirements for baze orange. I wear a orange vest and hat all the time walking into my stand and out. when I am in my stand I loose the vest and leave the hat on.

what do you guys think of orange camoflauge?
I have had deer closer to me with that on than I have had with complete camoflauge.

hntrjohn I wear a fleece jacket that is hunter orange camo,I like it better than solid orange.I think with the pattern broke up it helps alittle.

------------------
Good Huntin-Kraven

Here in Ohio, when deer hunting it is required to wear a garment of blaze orange. A hat is not enough anymore. If and when I hunt deer in this state I wear a vest, last I checked it was a larger fine to be caught without it than to be caught with wacky tobaccy.
PETA did thow a curve to the deer hunters in this state last year on this too. Apparently they (somehow) put orange vests on some of the deer, the result... 308 (I think that is the right #) deer were harvested wearing blaze orange vests. Made the deer easier to see and the orange easier to sight on. God they're smart aren't they!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
WD.

WDSWIFT
Do ya think you could send some of those orange vested deer out to AZ?
Maybe some vests on the elk too!!!

------------------
Good Luck
The Greek

popeye_brut.gif

The only orange I wear is an orange hat. I also wear an orange sweatshirt under my coat and place it on my saddle when I tie up the horse and on the deer or elk when packing it out. I place orange surveyor's tape on my horse's halter, tail, saddle bags, and sides of the saddle also.

------------------
Elk Hunting 101: Everything You Need To Know About Elk Hunting
www.jacksonholewyoming.net/elk

[This message has been edited by Elkhunter (edited 02-25-2001).]

Greek, there's enough of the deer to share with ya. Tell ya what though....how about we send PETA a note to ship them and some XXXXL orange vests for the Elk??
We are still laughing about this back here any way. I just can't believe the DNR hasn't filed charges against them yet.
What is scary is that these people are allowed to reproduce.
wink.gif
WD.

It's reqiured in Louisiana on public ground, but not private. I never wear it on my own property, which is where I did 95% of my hunting. But I did on public ground, as the law required.
DS

In Ontario, we are required to wear a minimum of a vest and hat. I thought I would buy some "blaze camo", but I was informed that this is not legal in Ontario. When I'm after small game in early fall, I wear a vest and hat. Later, during big game season, I wear a blaze fleece parka and orange hat or toque depending on temperature. My kids (ages 4 1/2 and 2) wear a vest and hat when they come with me.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back