Caribou Gear Tarp

Better than a gender reveal

SoCalhunt88

With Arizona results going back and forth and me losing interest because I never draw I was shocked when I got a letter in the mail revealing I got a 6a late rifle tag. This is my first “big” tag and I’m psyched to give it a go. It’s also my first bull elk hunt, so I’m really looking forward to the experience. I’ve watched and read enough late rifle advice from ol Randy so it’s pretty much a sure thing ;) but if anyone has advice or knowledge I am happy to take it of course feel free to pm. I’ve already got some way points going in some sanctuary looking areas. If anyone knows if there’s packers in the area or what weather is like in December that would be very helpful. Cheers everyone and thanks for sharing in the excitement.

Congrats, I drew the MZ tag for the same unit. Looks like a whole different ballgame compared to what I'm used to. Topography, climate, vegetation are all way different than the mountains in WY, ID and MT. Not to mention the drought seems to be exceptionally bad right now. I can try to keep you posted on my findings during the MZ hunt.

Congrats, I drew the MZ tag for the same unit. Looks like a whole different ballgame compared to what I'm used to. Topography, climate, vegetation are all way different than the mountains in WY, ID and MT. Not to mention the drought seems to be exceptionally bad right now. I can try to keep you posted on my findings during the MZ hunt.
That would be great, I’m a bit more used to the arid side of the west being from San Diego. It’s those September hunts in Wyoming that throw me for a loop, 80 degrees one day and snow the next. If I learn anything helpful I will let you know. Going to see if there’s a packer in the area myself

With Arizona results going back and forth and me losing interest because I never draw I was shocked when I got a letter in the mail revealing I got a 6a late rifle tag. This is my first “big” tag and I’m psyched to give it a go. It’s also my first bull elk hunt, so I’m really looking forward to the experience. I’ve watched and read enough late rifle advice from ol Randy so it’s pretty much a sure thing ;) but if anyone has advice or knowledge I am happy to take it of course feel free to pm. I’ve already got some way points going in some sanctuary looking areas. If anyone knows if there’s packers in the area or what weather is like in December that would be very helpful. Cheers everyone and thanks for sharing in the excitement.
Decent! I camped out all over there when I lived in AZ. Winter 2010 saw big MB roadside up off 87 near the NE corner of the unit. I slowed down after that! Check out Clover Canyon and the draws, creeks running out of there. And check out Pete’s Place in Star Valley, people say it was a steakhouse. The waitresses are real nice.

Sure do! So I found this dispersed camping area by accident one night looking to camp anywhere and it became a favorite location. About 5mi North of Payson is a road and camping area called Flowing Springs. It’s right up against the East Verde River and has vaulted toilets, on your own for water. The road is graded, lightly trafficked. You know, that same country of your hunt was where Zane Grey lived, wrote and Aldo Leopold cruised timber. You’ll see, just blows my mind so beautiful.

Sure do! So I found this dispersed camping area by accident one night looking to camp anywhere and it became a favorite location. About 5mi North of Payson is a road and camping area called Flowing Springs. It’s right up against the East Verde River and has vaulted toilets, on your own for water. The road is graded, lightly trafficked. You know, that same country of your hunt was where Zane Grey lived, wrote and Aldo Leopold cruised timber. You’ll see, just blows my mind so beautiful.
That’s pretty epic, thank you! Can’t wait

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back