Caribou Gear Tarp

Best broad head for crossbow

sigpros

So I picked a crossbow up for my son to use on some special draw hunt. What broad heads do you guys like for crossbow’s? We are new to them and I haven’t bow hunted in 15 years and I know technology has changed a bunch

thank you

I’ll watch this thread to see what others say too. I got my son a crossbow as well and we’ve been using regular fixed Muzzy 3 blades. They’ve killed several animals and worked very well. The difference in power between arrows from my 70# bow and bolts from that crossbow are unreal. The bolts REALLY penetrate. Very lethal weapon.

I tried a bunch...slick trick, rage Tripan, NAP Spitfire, Muzzy, G5 and Shwacker. I had best luck with Rage Tripan and Slick trick standards. The penetration difference between the Rage and my standard slick tricks is very noticible. I am using standard 125 slick tricks this season and can’t shoot at the same spot on the taget out to 60. Same with the rage trypan.

good luck

My wifes crossbow shoots 150gr 4 blade slick tricks very well. Good penetration and blood trail. She's used rages and when they worked they work well but when they hit something hard like a shoulder they fail. Here's the exit from her deer this year.20201102_085549.jpg

Thanks guys. Looks like the slick trick is the way to go. Now to decide on the weight and order him a better scope.

I've taken around 20 deer with 100 gr. Grim Reaper 1 3/8" mechanicals. Never had a failure and are very accurate out of my Matrix 380 Excalibur.

I use Rocket Ultimate Steel 125gr fixed blade heads.. They shoot lights out from my Excalibur Grizzly 2.

Magnus black hornet serazor 2 blade for me. Fly great and group with broadheads out to 80yds.

I am looking at using the Montec G5 crossbow 125gr with 50gr brass inserts on Piledriver bolts for Elk. Thinking should hold kenetic energy out to 60meters.

I have been using Rage. I have always had success with them.

I am currently exploring fixed blade options, but
am hesitant to give up the cutting radius of mechanicals.

I use Muzzy Trocar 100gr broadheads in my TenPoint Turbo GT. Hit a buck a little forward last year from 20 yards and broke through the "humerus" and penetrated through the deer. The buck was recovered 40 yards away. I never found the bolt. I really wanted to find that broadhead so I could see the damage. 5th deer I have harvested with Trocars. All have passed through.

I am looking at using the Montec G5 crossbow 125gr with 50gr brass inserts on Piledriver bolts for Elk. Thinking should hold kenetic energy out to 60meters.
What speed are you shooting and what arrow are you using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back