Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best Bobcat Hunt in years

Tobey

I left the house this morning with my brother and **** Lanny and his 2 sun's.We cut a nice track about 8:00am and put 2 dogs on it.They went in and jumped within 200 yards and the chase was on.We left **** in the road and headed into the dogs.The snow is still heavy on the trees so you got to stay with the dogs to hear them.They circled him several times and 2 of us got a look at him but not a shot.He decided to leave the country and like most bobcats he headed right out his backtrack.Now **** laney mite be in his late 60s but he still knows how to listen to a hound and shot the cat at the road.A nice 32# tom.On the way home about 2 miles from my house we see another nice track that wasn't there when we left this morning.So we started all over again and it was a carbon copy of the first cat except my brother was standing about 50yards from old **** when the cat came out and they both got him This one was a 28# tom. We got onto another one too but the sun set before we got him jumpt.Good thing I think **** was running out of ammo LOL

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Tobey,

Sounds like fun! It's been a while since I've turned out on bobcat, usually trying to find Mr. Lion. It takes a darn good dog to trail and tree a bobcat! What kind of dogs do you have? Welcome to Moosies board, glad to see you here!

------------------
http://members.aol.com/bearckadv

[email protected]

cat08.gif

what a day dale !!!What did you guys have for dogs on them?? I hunted up in Kokadjo this week.Missed a nice cat on Thurs that we never ended up getting.Saw my first lynx track too.It was some impressive.
Did you know Alan C from York,the trapper?He trapped a lynx near Kokadjo this year.We coyote hunted Mt A this morning.I watched the video he took of the lynx in a trap and him releasing it.That was a little scarey for me!!
You must have a good cat population where you are.I was right in love at my buddys Northern Pride Lodge in Kokadjo this week.Left the lodge on snow machine and never saw or even heard a snowmobiler where we hunted all day.How much snow you got???

We had poul laneys plott and my new blutick ***** from WV she has only been on 4 cats before today and she looked like a million.
Pouls plott is only 16 months old and he has killed 12 cats with her so far,5 this year.

Right now i have walkers and blueticks

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

I would waist a lot of good hunting days looking for a lion track up here LOL
Sure wiss we had some though.Some day I am coming out your way and run one god willing.

George how did Allen do on the coyotes this fall.We treed a lynx up here about 12 trs.ago
he was sure beautiful in a tree,haven't seen a track of one cents.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Tobey sounds like a heck of a good day to me! Invite goes the same for me, but this year wouldnt be a good year. Next year would be beter if ya ever feel like doing it. Would love to come out and hunt bears with George P or yourself someday, but cant see it in the near future. Maybe closer to home tho! bcPS Cant never have too much fun!

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back