Best 100 GR. Load In 7Mag

• Thread starter concerned hunter
  • Start date
Conerned Hunter, I don't think I've ever loaded 100 grain bullets in a 7mm anything. I think the lightest bullet I've ever loaded is a 7mm 120 grain. Sorry I can't help.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

Concerned hunter,
Who makes 100 gr. in 7mm, I tried the 120 gr., they didn't work very well for me. I think anything under 140 gr. is light for a 7mag.
Be safe, have fun!
P.S. Dan I found the glasses, go ahead with the deal tell me when and were.

Sierra makes 100 gr. hp's and I was trying to load some for varmints but can't get a group. That is with the lightest load. But I was also thinking that they could be too light.

I once got a hair to load some 110 grain for my 300 wby.

I worked up a load that ran 4016 fps.

This was a max or over max load and it would not group well at all.

After some experimenting I came up with a load in the 3800 fps range that was acceptable as far as accuracy.

The twist rate will start to play a role when you go to really light for caliber bullets.

I think if you cut a couple hundred fps off and go from there you will have better luck.

I wonder what a 110 grain 30 caliber bullet traveling at 3800 fps would do to an elk if you slipped one in his rib cage.
smile.gif

Try working from the bottom on the light bullets , it worked for me.

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

concerned Hunter, I've checked my data for as far back as 1974. The closest I can come is a 110 grain load. It shows 64.5 grains of H 380, RP brass, Winchester LR primer. It indicates that the group was about 1/2" and the velocity around 3500 fps. That's all I have that even comes close.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back