Benelli Montefeltro Safety Button Issue

wihuntfish

Hello All,

I purchased my wife a 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltro earlier this year to serve as her all purpose waterfowl and upland gun. It's a nice, light carrying, smooth shooting unit and it's good looking too.

There is one problem we have encountered now a few times with it - the safety button will occasionally stick. It's obvious that some of the weight cutting came in the trigger assembly, which is a plastic outfit with a triangular shaped face to the safety button on the "push" side. Twice now in the heat of birds flushing for my wife, the safety has stuck on her as she goes to disengage it to swing on the bird. It sticks about halfway through, and needs to be pushed back through to the safe position in order to then function properly again. Obviously in the heat of the moment this is costly, and so far has cost her opportunities at two grouse.

Just playing with it here at home, it certainly doesn't seem like an issue and it can even be hard to replicate. Seems like if you push on it in just the "wrong" way it will occur. The safety button also seems to rotate or twist a little bit in place, just my observation while playing with it.

Anybody else experience this or have any recommendations? The gun is only about 4 months old and probably has 40 shots through it.

Thanks for any feedback.

IMG_4724.jpeg

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back