Caribou Gear

BDX Rangefinders

802flyfish

In the market for my first range finder for archery and rifle. I'm interested in potentially getting a BDX scope down the road so I figured I would get a BDX rangefinder. There seems to be quite a few different models. Not looking for anything fancy, but If ranging under 1k yards, is there a particular rangefinder model you would suggest ?

Never had any experience with those. But it looks cool what they can do with the scope. I have a leupold 1200 dna and it works pretty good. Fast and accurate to my knowledge.

I have not used the Sig rangefinder linked to their rifle scope, but I have used their rangefinders and found them to be very fast and responsive. I don't have any experience using their riflescopes. On any rangefinder I would buy one that's rated for longer distances than I plan on using it, too often the stated max range is only possible in ideal conditions and on large reflective targets. IMO, if you want to be able to range 1000 yards I'd get at least their 1600 Rangefinder.

I bought a 1400 with the plans of adding a scope later on. Used it last fall with no issues. Also like they have a lifetime warranty. I recently came across a great deal for a 1800 rangefinder with the 4-14x scope so I bought that for my son and sold the 1400. Haven't used the scope yet. But you can still add ballistics with the app on your phone and get drop numbers in the range finder.

I would also suggest if you plan to get a bdx scope, wait and buy both at the same time, they have combo's that are on sale and can save several hundred bucks. Optics planet has the 3.5-10 power scope with range finder for 449 right now

I bought a 1400 with the plans of adding a scope later on. Used it last fall with no issues. Also like they have a lifetime warranty. I recently came across a great deal for a 1800 rangefinder with the 4-14x scope so I bought that for my son and sold the 1400. Haven't used the scope yet. But you can still add ballistics with the app on your phone and get drop numbers in the range finder.

I would also suggest if you plan to get a bdx scope, wait and buy both at the same time, they have combo's that are on sale and can save several hundred bucks. Optics planet has the 3.5-10 power scope with range finder for 449 right now
+1
c.png

d.png

I have not used the Sig rangefinder linked to their rifle scope, but I have used their rangefinders and found them to be very fast and responsive. I don't have any experience using their riflescopes. On any rangefinder I would buy one that's rated for longer distances than I plan on using it, too often the stated max range is only possible in ideal conditions and on large reflective targets. IMO, if you want to be able to range 1000 yards I'd get at least their 1600 Rangefinder.

Same here. I think Sig has a great product and mine has been great in extreme conditions. I have the Kilo 2000.

I would agree with the above. Got a good deal on the 1400, its quick and accurate. Have ranged hard targets at 1150 or more. I dont have the scope but with the info from my phone loaded into the 1400 it gives my drop to dial in. The only drawback I have found is that it doesn't work well through the screen on my blind, not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

Best bang for your buck is going to be the Kilo 1600BDX. Will range reliably beyond 1000 yards under normal conditions, has the red OLED read out, and has the applied ballistics ultralight blue tooth / ap ready to go. Even if you don't have a BDX scope for the rangefinder to communicate with, it will give you your elevation and windage holds out to 800 yards right in the field of view of the rangefinder. Then you just dial to the correction it gives you and make your shot. At $299.99 that one is pretty hard to beat. That said, as you move up through the models you do get some additional maximum range capabilities. I personally use a Kilo 2400 ABS and while I never shoot 2000 yards, I do use it to range that far from time to time to help me navigate public / private boundaries and
plan stalks.

The Kilo 3000 rangefinding binos are also a steal at $1199..... 5000 yards off a reflective target all housed in a great pair of binos AND the Applied Ballistics software...... Yes please.... ;)

The Kilo 3000 rangefinding binos are also a steal at $1199..... 5000 yards off a reflective target all housed in a great pair of binos AND the Applied Ballistics software...... Yes please.... ;)
If that price is a steal.... you should PM me for the highway robbery price.....;)

Found the Kilo1800BDX priced at

$245.00

Is this a pretty good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back