Baiting

I will be starting in a few weeks (april 15). Getting excited to get started. I have a buddy going for the first time this year. should be good to help share work and expenses.

It's opening this weekend In Alaska

I will be putting in test baits this weekend.:D Just a little something in Burlap bags to see if anything takes interest. All this before I haul in the drums. I very excited.hump Hope you guys have good luck!!:D

should have about 7 baits out buy the 20th in ID Looking like its going to be a great year with little snow. Started useing trail camera last year WOW what a difference. Found this hog on a bait we were getting ready pull. Any guesses on weight?:confused:

Attachments

• Big bear.jpg
    Big bear.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 374
We set our baits Sunday afternoon. My buddy's uncle is up there full time (retired) and said we already had a hit on one of the baits this morning. I have a camera out but won't get up to check the camera until tommorow. If we get any good pics I'll post them.

:D Going to check bait today. We set them up sunday. I attached the sign we are posting near the baits for the bait station warning. Good luck guys!!!

Attachments

• BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 258
We didn't get any hits on the bait. I think the bears are still just coming out up here. I don't expect a hit till around the first week of may. Last year all of the bears moved late. There was basically not a lot of baits hit till June. I hope thats not the case this year.

Hey Nightwolf,

I see you're from Wasilla. My wife and I spent a few weeks in Talkeetna a few years ago with some friends that live up there. You're a lucky guy, gorgeous area with plenty of fishing and hunting.

I've got at least one bear eating and tearing rotten logs at my bait sight...camera goes up this evening.

Muley crazy,
No guess here, but the word BIG comes to mind.

Good luck y'all.

We still haven't been hit here yet. I'm thinking maybe by mid May. I think we are all a bit anxious about spring. Being it so warm you would think bears would be on the move and eating but i fear same as last year that they will be out late. It is still in the 30's at night here. I'm glad to here some of you got some action though. good luck

Well we have been hit!!! Tracks on the trail show he's probably a big boy too. I'd guess around 6'. We brought in the barrels friday evening and left the bait alone all saturday we went in this morning and bam!! it was hit again. So now we hunt! goodluck guys.

The trail camera goes in tonight!! here is a picture of a print in the mud in the vicinity of the bait.

Attachments

• Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 70
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back