AZ is Burning - unit 27 & 1..

CJ...$

Great Elk/Turkey units are burning..Looks bad for now

My #1 turkey spot is toast... but other areas are still safe...

Incident: Wallow Wildfire
Released: 1:43 hrs. ago

5:00 p.m. June 2, 2011

Alpine Area Evacuation Order

EFFECTIVE NOW

Everyone in the Alpine Area is required to have left the area by 8:00 PM Tonight

Apache County Sheriff's Office

Twitter: twitter.com/firescoop

Email: [email protected]

This is an evacuation order

Alpine Area Evacuees are requested to go to Blue Ridge High School in Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ, or to call and register with the Wallow Fire Joint Information Center if they go to a different location. Call 928-333-3412 to register.

The evacuation route is as follows: Take U.S. Highway 180 north to Springerville, then U.S. Highway 60 west to Show Low, then State Route 260 east to Pinetop-Lakeside. It is requested that you DO NOT TAKE State Route 260 west to Pinetop-Lakeside.

The northern evacuation route for residents of Blue, AZ is blocked. Residents of Blue should plan to take Forest Road 232 (Pueblo Park Road) into New Mexico.

106,000 acres as of this morning. Word is that spot fires have burned a couple of structures in Alpine. :(

Low humidity and high winds aren't helping matters...

Ron

To put into perspective how fast this growing, Wed. 6k acres, Thur 40k acres, this morning up to 106k acres. And having the same winds today and forecast for tomorrow that have blown this thing up. :(

Up to 311,000 now. The Rodeo/Chediski was 469k I think. This will pass that since there is no containment and will be the worst fire in AZ history.

Up to 311,000 now. The Rodeo/Chediski was 469k I think. This will pass that since there is no containment and will be the worst fire in AZ history.

Its going crazy.. I fear your right... this thing is heading towards the Blue already.. this thing might burn deep into New Mexico... Luna etc...

Sounds like the only thing that will stop it near term is when it runs out of fuel...

Amazing only 10 structures have been lost so far (according to the inciweb site).

Ron

Alpine is where my favorite AZ guide lives (now an outfitter) Eager is where my long time friend and outfitter lives and all his "staff" lives in Eagar or Springerville....always spent before and after nights in Springerville....and "down on the Blue" is where I took my best Elk.....this is a disaster !!!

Remember when all the hippie huggers got logging banned in the 70's? Wonder how much carbon is put into the atmosphere from these superfires? I just read that the initial control was delayed due to a gray wolf den with two pups that the FS needed to protect. Insanity and that was also my favorite turkey hunting spot up at Gobbler Peak which is now ashes. Makes me sick.

Remember when all the hippie huggers got logging banned in the 70's? Wonder how much carbon is put into the atmosphere from these superfires? I just read that the initial control was delayed due to a gray wolf den with two pups that the FS needed to protect. Insanity and that was also my favorite turkey hunting spot up at Gobbler Peak which is now ashes. Makes me sick.

Wouldn't that make the liberal hippies responsible for global warming.. where's Al Gore?:hump:

Back