Caribou Gear

Awesome SW Revolver

Watts307

My work yesterday picked up a great revolver for Consignment.

Its a 1960s era Smith & Wesson Model 10, .38 Special.

Not an extremely rare model I believe however, it is as close to 100% condition as we have ever seen one. Was bought at an auction 20 years ago and been sitting since.

The coolest part, to me at least. Was the gun was in the original box, and had the original paperwork, cleaning rod kit, warranty and manual in as well.

Was like opening a little time capsule. Super cool...

Attachments

• IMG-5017.jpg
    IMG-5017.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
One of my all time favorite handguns, I have had most all classic S and W's. How much $ for it, I have a Model 10, 13, 15, 49, 60, 66, and a 44 mag 4" and 41 mag" both stainless.

Is yours 4 or 5 inch barrel?

Very great purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my all time favorite handguns, I have had most all classic S and W's. How much $ for it, I have a Model 10, 13, 15, 49, 60, 66, and a 44 mag 4" and 41 mag" both stainless.

Is yours 4 or 5 inch barrel?

Very great purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a 5" barrel.

It is on consignment. Customer wants $1000 for it. He found decent condition ones going for $700-800 so he wants more because of the near mint condition and original materials that come with.

It is a 5" barrel.

It is on consignment. Customer wants $1000 for it. He found decent condition ones going for $700-800 so he wants more because of the near mint condition and original materials that come with.
I admire to no end vintage firearms that are NIB, as New in the Box. That said, I never buy such firearms as they are for serious collectors willing to pay top dollar. I am a shooter and once a cylinder ring from firing appears, that model 10 is no longer as NIB and it's value falls drops significantly.

If you shop with patience you will find great K frame 38 Special S and W revolvers for $500. The best deals will be on revolvers carried by cops who shot them lightly but have lots of holster wear on the blue-ing.

I have gotten some great deals with patience.

Also a 5 inch barrel is bit long for concealed carry. My personal favorite is a 4 inch model 15 S and W. When revolvers went out of use for the FBI their issue holsters were going for $3. I bought a handful.

What was good for the FBI is more than good for me.

Lastly those old K frame S and W's could be honed smooth as glass, assuming you could find a gunsmith that knows how to do it anymore,

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back