Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Audio book recommendations

Oneye

Curious what audio books would you recommend? Preferably hunting/outdoor related. If it’s just a book you don’t know is an audio book post it and I’ll see if it’s available via the audio route.

Historical or adventure?

For historical:
Big Burn by Timothy Egan
Last Stand by Michael Punke
American Serengeti by Dan Flores
American Buffalo by Steven Rinella

I recently enjoyed listening to Chosen Country: A Rebellion in the West by James Pogue after hearing him interviewed by Hal Herring on BHA’s podcast.

In the past I’ve listened to a ton of those guilty pleasure CJ Box novels on long trips criss crossing Montana.

I mostly use an app called Libby that ties to my library membership so I don’t have to pay for audiobooks (if you weren’t already aware of it).

Last edited:
Historical or adventure?

For historical:
Big Burn by Timothy Egan
Last Stand by Michael Punke
American Serengeti by Dan Flores
American Buffalo by Steven Rinella
I second Last Stand! it was a great listen driving west for an elk hunt.

American Buffalo is a good one, Steve got the rights and went back and did the read himself.
I have Ridgeline downloaded but haven’t gotten to it yet.
I keep a paperback copy in my pack but Indian Creek Chronicles is also a good one

Last edited:
+1 for Old man and the boy, I read the next book and the entire thing sounded like the audio version in my head.

If looking for motivation Jocko "extreme ownership" was good in audio read by him and Leaf Babben

I don't have audio book but I like to read , keeps my mind in a good imagination mode.
I've read a lot of Rev and F&I books but just heard of this book and great reviews by 3 friends.

An Artist in Treason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back