Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Athlon Ares 15-45x65 UHD v. Maven CS.1 - 15-45X65

fattybinz

Anyone have any experience on how these two compare? I had the Ares but it was stolen last night out of my garage. Now I'm wondering whether to replace it or get something different. I have the Maven B2 11x45 which are fantastic. Never tried the C series though.

The Ares is a very solid built scope for the price I offer. I use a factory sample of one myself. Not super light but very compact and built like a tank. The new UHD version is the same glass as the older version but with proprietary cosmetics and unfortunately a little more weight than the older version. But hey. That UHD useless buzz word should make it all worth it. PM me if you want a price

The Ares is a very solid built scope for the price I offer. I use a factory sample of one myself. Not super light but very compact and built like a tank. The new UHD version is the same glass as the older version but with proprietary cosmetics and unfortunately a little more weight than the older version. But hey. That UHD useless buzz word should make it all worth it. PM me if you want a price

I got the one that was stolen from you lol....so I might be hitting you up again for another. Any insight into how it compares to the CS.1?

FWIW, I am really impressed with the Maven CS.1. I am comparing it to the Cabelas Krotos HD which I am told is the same as the Athlon Ares. I really liked my Krotos. Well built and compact enough for backpacking use. Had some heft to it, which was deceiving considering its size, but well made and a good view.

The Maven is a little lighter, well built, and I think a little clearer and brighter, particularly at the higher magnifications. I have become a big Maven fan over the years, and I am pleased with this offering from them. If I owned an Ares, I would be happy to stick with it. After "almost" getting the shaft from Cabelas on a warranty replacement, I decided I would get rid of it in favor of something else. The Athlon warranty is good enough that if I had the Athlon, I wouldn't have worried, but Cabelas kind of screwed that up with the whole BPS thing. My warrantied scope was only warrantied for 60 days. That is NOT good enough for me.

Comparing the two to make a decision, I would go with the Maven. That said, I am a "straight spotter" guy. I am having a hard time getting used to using an angled spotter as that is the only configuration that the Maven is available in at the time. The Athlon would win in that arena for me.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back