Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Arrowhead Outfitters caribou question

Wild Bill

My old man is looking into booking a self guided fly in caribou hunt with Arrowhead Outfitters and I was looking to see if anyone has had any recent experience with them.
I've done a fair amount of research and there are definitely mixed reviews. Some folks swear by them and some folks wouldn't recommend them to their worst enemy.
If anyone has any info on them (good or bad) I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
Thanks!

My old man is looking into booking a self guided fly in caribou hunt with Arrowhead Outfitters and I was looking to see if anyone has had any recent experience with them.
I've done a fair amount of research and there are definitely mixed reviews. Some folks swear by them and some folks wouldn't recommend them to their worst enemy.
If anyone has any info on them (good or bad) I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
Thanks!
I looked at their website, 2022 PRICING $3995.00 seems reasonable for the Brooks Range.
They have been in operation since 1981 which is a good sign.
Do they fly in with super cubs?
What were the negative reviews complaining about?
Competition from other hunting groups?
Lack of success?

Following this one, My Dad and I were also looking into their operations before COVID postponed any plans we had.

3 of us went with them in 2016 and had a decent hunt, but I'm pretty sure the outfit has changed hands since then. No idea if now better or worse.

It was all float planes when we went, dropped off on tundra north of Brooks range.

A buddy and I flew with them last year. New owners. Thought they did great. Flew us in a day early. Killed two good bulls. Saw a pile of caribou. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. Great trip.

A buddy and I flew with them last year. New owners. Thought they did great. Flew us in a day early. Killed two good bulls. Saw a pile of caribou. Wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. Great trip.
Is there anyway you would pm me? I have some questions.

Thinking about this too but might need to look for a hunting partner as my buddies wife won't let him go to Alaska till she does a trip there with him. Price for 2022 is $4495 and camp rental is more for Southern brooks range and $3995 for Northern brooks range.

Thanks!

Flew in with them in AUG19. Owner was a bit curt, but got the job done fine. I'm a commercial pilot, and can say that our pilot got us in and out in some pretty demanding conditions that took a good degree of skill. My buddy and I both killed Caribou, but the group after us had a pretty wild experience and apparently never even saw a legal one, although that's kind of a risk that's inherent to the Caribou game. The operation changed ownership in 2020, so that positive review above carries a lot of weight IMO. Feel free to PM if you're interested in more info.

Flew in with them in AUG19. Owner was a bit curt, but got the job done fine. I'm a commercial pilot, and can say that our pilot got us in and out in some pretty demanding conditions that took a good degree of skill. My buddy and I both killed Caribou, but the group after us had a pretty wild experience and apparently never even saw a legal one, although that's kind of a risk that's inherent to the Caribou game. The operation changed ownership in 2020, so that positive review above carries a lot of weight IMO. Feel free to PM if you're interested in more info.
Super cubs on tundra tires?

They flew a Maule M-7 on floats, actually. Similar performance in that two hunters getting exfilled would require two distinct trips

I have a couple friends that flew with them last year for moose and had a great trip.

Just recently got word we're on their schedule for caribou in 2023. (y)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back