Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Argentina dove hunt questions.

rmauch20

At the RMEF Banquet I purchased an Argentinian dove hunt. My wife actually told me that seems like a really good deal you should bid on it and here we are.
The biggest flight will be into Buenos Aires international airport. The closest major airports to me or Wichita, Kansas city, or Denver, anybody have any airport or airline recommendations or just any tips for traveling in that part of the world.
We are flying to Buenos Aires international and we have to get across town to their regional airport which will fly us another hour and half to our pickup spot.

I am headed to Argentina in April for a red stag hunt. I am flying United (Billing,MT - Denver - Houston - Buenos Aires). Looking forward to a great trip. My Dad went last year and now we are going back. It seems traveling and evening dealing with rifles in the country is relatively easy. My Dad has made some trips to Africa and there is definitely more logistics challenges there. Some of us are flying United, others Delta... it seems flight times and prices between the two airlines are very similar. Good luck, and I hope you have fun!

I can’t help you with flights. I flew direct to Córdoba from Miami. All I can say is get ready to have a ball! Red wine, red meat and the best wingshooting I’ve ever seen.

I repeat this often: I learned more about shooting a shotgun in five days in Argentina than I had in forty years in America.

I’m ready to plan another trip!

Sounds like you may be flying into Cordoba?? If so skip BA and fly direct from DFW or Miami or maybe Houston.
According to the itinerary We are supposed to fly into the Buenos Aires Ezeiza international, then shuttle or take a cab over to the Jorge Newbery domestic airport to our final airport of Santiago del Estero. Then we got an hour drive to the farm/lodge where we will be staying and hunting.

Customs aren’t too bad in BA, you should be fine. Beautiful country, great food, great wine.

I’d recommend an overnight in BA prior to flying out. You will have a blast and thank me later 😀

. Beautiful country, great food, great wine.
I’d recommend an overnight in BA prior to flying out. You will have a blast and thank me later 😀

Frazier is correct on all points, beautiful country, friendly people, good wine, good food, EXCELLENT dove hunting

and

I second the suggestion made by Frazier, spend a night--or two, in BA, you can, and will, thank him later! If time permits a side trip to Rio for a couple of days would also be a side trip, you will never forget.

Have a wonderful time

p.s. what shotgun are you taking ?

What company is your hunt through? My son & I want to do this next year for my 50th. Please post up a report from your trip when you return!

I believe I’m just going to rent one from the Hunt company when I’m down there. They recommend a 20 gauge all I have is 12ga. If I read correctly they’re kind of strict on bringing semi autos into the Country.

L&S hunting co. is the outfitter who donated the hunt to RMEF.

Been twice (2013 & 2016) with Maers and Goldman at La Volanta Lodge. We used their guns which were Beretta and Benelli semi auto 20's. Abuse their guns, not yours, and it is abuse.
Food, wine, beer, unfathomable bird numbers. Hope your bird boys load your guns like ours did. Really saves on finger skin.

Hope your bird boys load your guns like ours did. Really saves on finger skin.

I’ve watched some Argentina dove shows and the smartest shooters were wearing padded gloves to protect themselves if they weren’t being handed loaded shotguns.

Hopefully all this will blow over by the time we leave, but this is not super encouraging. The one positive I can see is maybe this will cost the cost of the flights to go down. Who the heck would’ve thought.

Public statements by Argentine government officials noted a 14-day self-isolation quarantine for anyone, regardless of nationality, arriving in Argentina who has visited a country with sustained transmission, including the United States, all European countries, China, Japan, South Korea, and Iran.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back