Caribou Gear Tarp

Are Deer Catching COVID from Hunters

WyoDoug

I know a few articles like this have been posted already. This adds to the argument. My thoughts is humans supposedly caught it from bats in a lab experiment gone bad so it is entirely possible that humans can pass it to other critters themselves. However, I do not take a firm opinion on this at this time.

I’m not trying arguing over this because I’m fairly certain by this point everyone has their minds made up about COVID. But if the critters we hunt have it, and it’s surviving in the wild with UV and whatnot, then there is basically 0 chance of ever avoiding it agin, period.

If fish and pheasants start showing up with it all my hobbies are shot. I may just take up quilting.

Penned deer likely got it from humans, and in turn, wild deer likely got it from interactions with penned deer.
I just find it fascinating that this virus is capable of infecting so many different species. That's actually a highly unusual aspect for any virus. Typically, viruses are species specific, or at least genus specific.

Nah, if I'm within 6ft of a deer that's alive, it's probably not going to be alive much longer... Or it won't be that close for long

You guys better mask up when hunting.
The odds of catching a bullet are better than catching Covid during the 7 day war in Nebraskastan.

Nothing wakes a person up like hearing the buzz of a round going overhead 10 minutes before legal shooting light, fired from a moving vehicle by a guy that hasn’t stopped drinking since the night before.

Back