Yeti GOBOX Collection

Archery ELK Hunt 2017 Advice on where to go??

Seriously! I didn't know that was an option! Thanks for the heads up on 6C. Do you have any knowledge of 45 in NM?

Jimmy,

I hunted the same OTC unit in Colorado for 10 years and have tons of waypoints saved. I also hunted the same unit in NM 4 times. This particular unit has halfway decent draw odds and is a target rich environment. (killed 4 bulls in 4 trips with archery DIY, anything from decent 4pts and 5pts to a 310" 6pt). I would love to help you out so send me a message and I'll give you some free advice on which unit in NM to apply for and how to improve your odds. If you draw that unit, I'll give you my waypoints and you will be in elk every day. If you don't draw that unit and want to do the CO OTC hunt I can save you a lot of boot leather and frustration that route too. I have 8-12 points in every state that allows me to build pts for every species available and will be busy burning those points the next several years so I would love to help you out as a way to say thank you for your service!

Adubs
Jimmy,

I hunted the same OTC unit in Colorado for 10 years and have tons of waypoints saved. I also hunted the same unit in NM 4 times. This particular unit has halfway decent draw odds and is a target rich environment. (killed 4 bulls in 4 trips with archery DIY, anything from decent 4pts and 5pts to a 310" 6pt). I would love to help you out so send me a message and I'll give you some free advice on which unit in NM to apply for and how to improve your odds. If you draw that unit, I'll give you my waypoints and you will be in elk every day. If you don't draw that unit and want to do the CO OTC hunt I can save you a lot of boot leather and frustration that route too. I have 8-12 points in every state that allows me to build pts for every species available and will be busy burning those points the next several years so I would love to help you out as a way to say thank you for your service!

Adubs
hello Adubs,

I saw this post and am reaching out to see if I could get some solid advice for my very first elk hunt. I’m in Texas and planning on doing the 3rd rifle season elk with otc. I’m looking at units 28 and 18. I’ve called a COLORADO parks hunt planner. They were very helpful. I’ve also talked to hot springs and they were super helpful in pointing me in areas and trailheads to start that are historical for elk. They also told me that it a busy unit based on the drive from Denver; so population could be busy. I understand.

Today, I was called by a friend that is coordinating a September archery hunt. I’m totally in but have some concern about even harvesting something. I’ve been told 6% harvest for archery for elk. Hope I’m right in this statistic. Anyways, any thoughts on units that would be good start for an archery hunt. There is going to be 5 of us hunting. I’ve been doing a ton of reading and homework for this rifle trip (3rd season) and now I might be going earlier. Weather will be nicer and I LOVE my bow. Just unsure that I’m ready to be successful or where to start in units. Any information is super appreciated. Thank you again and very much appreciate your help and advise.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back