APB: "Fat Boy" is missing!

dgibson

Hot off the press: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Dennis, Massachusetts-AP -- Four-hundred pounds of gorgonzola ravioli in unmarked bags.

That's supposedly the ransom demand from the kidnappers of "Fat Boy," a seven-foot-high fiberglass chef statue that was swiped from in front of an Italian restaurant on Cape Cod.

The ransom demand was left on the answering machine at "Spaghetti Eddies." The caller said "I've got your chef" in what owner Robert Swanson described as a "Mafia-like voice."

Swanson said the caller told the restaurant that if it wanted its mascot back, it better get the gorgonzola ravioli ready. Details of the exchange would come in a later phone call.

Swanson, however, doubts the call came from the real kidnappers of Fat Boy. Police are skeptical, too.

The fiberglas mascot was taken sometime early Saturday.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>MY OPINION: I'll be the Italian-Americans are loving the "Mafia-like voice" reference. Tony Soprano eat your heart out.
rolleyes.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-29-2003 11:27: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

i thought this was an update on moosie.........i was gonna suggest to check at "IHOP".

I really need to lose weight - but we get free tickets to the county fair every year, and I just knew there was no way I was going to the fair and eating salad.
wink.gif
So I guess I will head out to get some lunch before I hit the fair later this afternoon...

Back