Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone use a Leupold RX-2800 Rangefinder?

matechakeric

I'm eying up this rangefinder. Curious what others think of it?

I thought about the RX-1400 but with a range of less than 1000 yards, I wonder if I should go with something like the 2800

I bought one last year, and I can’t believe how well it works. Longest range I have seen free hand is 2200 yards, which there is no real application for. Super compact, fits in the front compartment of my bino harness. Great value in my opinion.

Leupold offers only a limited warranty on electronics, whereas vortex offers lifetime on their rangefinders. That’s the only slight drawback I can think of

I got one, great product for the money. The plus it will range some soft targets pretty far out there. The bad it will also pick up some stuff in between if there is not a completely unobstructed line of sight. For most peoples practical hunting purposes it is great. I would range your target a couple times with a really steady hand if it’s over a couple hundreds yards, and if you are second guessing what it’s says make sure there are not twigs or grass between you and the target even outside the cross. IMO some other range finders are a little better at pinpoint ranges, but they also don’t range that far or cost a lot more.

I got one, great product for the money. The plus it will range some soft targets pretty far out there. The bad it will also pick up some stuff in between if there is not a completely unobstructed line of sight. For most peoples practical hunting purposes it is great. I would range your target a couple times with a really steady hand if it’s over a couple hundreds yards, and if you are second guessing what it’s says make sure there are not twigs or grass between you and the target even outside the cross. IMO some other range finders are a little better at pinpoint ranges, but they also don’t range that far or cost a lot more.
do either of you have the W model that factors in 10mph wind? wondering how much that helps

I’ve had one for two years, it works great. I have not had any issues ranging game out to farther than you can shoot and reflective objects out to 2400 or so. You need to be real steady to get a reading on elk or deer much past 400 yards, but that’s true for every rangefinder I’ve ever used.

I’ve had one for two years, it works great. I have not had any issues ranging game out to farther than you can shoot and reflective objects out to 2400 or so. You need to be real steady to get a reading on elk or deer much past 400 yards, but that’s true for every rangefinder I’ve ever used.
I read that it can attach to a Leopold tripod for stability. Have you tried that?

I bought one last year, and I can’t believe how well it works. Longest range I have seen free hand is 2200 yards, which there is no real application for. Super compact, fits in the front compartment of my bino harness. Great value in my opinion.

Leupold offers only a limited warranty on electronics, whereas vortex offers lifetime on their rangefinders. That’s the only slight drawback I can think of
X2

Just as another data point, this has not been my experience in regards to ranging animals outside 400. I have seen immediate ranges on animals/terrain past 800 yards free hand in almost every case barring weather or other environmentals

Back