Anyone heard anything about the family found dead

That is a strange one. Only so many ways to have 3 people of various weights and a dog drop dead near each other and not wander around and away from each other as would be expected if became disoriented upon being poisoned by water, food or fumes while not sitting in camp or sleeping. Lightning strike would leave marks. Snake bite would leave marks. Odd for sure.

Tragic and sad situation for sure. Hopefully this can be figured out so it doesn’t happen again.

Very sad...I don't know if they were in the same area, but there are volcanic vents in parts the Sierras that emit CO2 gas. There is even a vent within the boundaries of the Mammoth ski area where a couple ski patrollers fell in and were killed by toxic gasses, maybe 10-15 years ago. There is a large section of forest west of the mountain where 1,000s of tress were killed in a gas event when I was a kid. Wonder if that has anything to do with what happened to this family?

Wasn't that long ago, I read about two teenage boys and their father killed in entering silage pits when one of the sons collapsed and the older boy and their father followed to attempt a rescue. Sileage pits produce CO2 carbon dioxide and nitric oxide N0. When nitric oxide meets with oxygen in the air it forms into nitric dioxide N02 which is poisonous. Carbon dioxide is not really poisonous but it does displace oxygen and causes fluid buildup in the longs that can lead to delayed health issues similar to dry drowning. Not good news to see these kind of reports.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back