Yeti GOBOX Collection

Anybody identify this?

warmer

Buddy just sent me this.

Attachments

• 6D1F1491-824E-4757-8D03-BA390E5CC4BA.jpeg
    6D1F1491-824E-4757-8D03-BA390E5CC4BA.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 205
Or an ornery farmer found a fawn hiding in the grass a couple years ago.

Could be from a deer study. The trapping season I worked we would tag all the deer we caught regardless if they got a collar. And many types of collars aren't permanent, so eventually you would have a collarless still sporting an ear tag.

Son of a.... I see the 17 now. Thanks for the help. Really, no pen raised deer within 50 miles that he or I know about. I'm going with the cattle farmer with a sense of humor.

Call you local biologist or forward the pic to him or her. They may know of a study or escapees.

how are people seeing anything but an ear tag with a 17 on it hahaha it's like picture circulating on the FB, old lady or young lady?

1578426261494.png

Funny story to go along with this. Probably 12 years ago when I was 10, I was deer hunting with my dad. We were walking back into our stand for the afternoon/evening sit. We came down a ridge to an open meadow and there was a deer standing 50 yards away broadside. My dad dropped down and took a shot. Deer was obviously hit hard with a 12 gauge slug and turned and walked slowly away. We backed out for an hour or so and went back in, followed the blood trail about 40 yards and there he lay. Walked up to it, and low and behold it had a tag in it's ear. To go along with it's tag, was about 2" bases of where there used to be antlers but they had been sawed off! Found out it was one of the local deer farms deer that had just escaped a couple days prior. Best tasting deer yet!

Or an ornery farmer found a fawn hiding in the grass a couple years ago.

Not “ornery” farmer. Just a farmer who wanted a way of following a deer on his land. I know of a few that have done this, as the fawns are laying tight in the hay when farmers are cutting first crop. Only done out of curiosity to watch there movement and how many hunting seasons they made it through.

Back