Caribou Gear

Any one here use talley lightweight rings

Have a set on my Rem 700 7mm-08 and I like them. The weight savings are marginal but I guess every ounce counts.

I think they're about the best design on the market, and the weight savings are just a bonus. No ring/base connection to screw up, and 4 screw caps give you extra clamping strength and contact area.

I'll bed mine to the action using a 1" bar, then lap the rings afterward. May try bedding a scope into a set soon, for an even "perfecter" fit. These steps will maximize the effective contact area and minimize the stress on the scope. If you're using a turret, having an unstressed scope can help avoid funny behavior.

I think they're about the best design on the market, and the weight savings are just a bonus. No ring/base connection to screw up, and 4 screw caps give you extra clamping strength and contact area.

I'll bed mine to the action using a 1" bar, then lap the rings afterward. May try bedding a scope into a set soon, for an even "perfecter" fit. These steps will maximize the effective contact area and minimize the stress on the scope. If you're using a turret, having an unstressed scope can help avoid funny behavior.
Plus 1 on that I am a firm beliver in having scope rings laped.There are so many improperly mounted scopes out there.

I use Talleys on all the ultra light weight rifles I build. On standard rifles I go with the Leupold quick detach.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back