Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Any HuntTalk members at Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club in Minnesota?

VikingsGuy

Looking to find a Twin Cities 1000y rifle range and am considering GRRC. Anybody here a member or have experience with this range/club?

Any luck? I remember there being one up by red lake.

I shoot there at least once per year. I am not a member however. Personally, I think it is a great club.

Here is a Star/Trib story on a match I shot there. Even got my picture in the paper.

Last edited:
I shoot there at least once per year. I am not a member however. Personally, I think it is a great club.

Here is a Star/Trib story on a match I shot there. Even got my picture in the paper.

As regards to the first pictured competitor, I recall when Iowa first allowed handguns for deer hunting he was somewhat miffed that they lumped us in with the late muzzleloader hunters. Apparently he felt that the purity of that season was violated by allowing handgunners.

As regards to the first pictured competitor, I recall when Iowa first allowed handguns for deer hunting he was somewhat miffed that they lumped us in with the late muzzleloader hunters. Apparently he felt that the purity of that season was violated by allowing handgunners.
Ah, you know him apparently. I suppose you know me too. So, who are you?

I don't recall his opinion at the time, but certainly cartridge handgunners in muzzleloader season was a violation of "purity" by definition.

There are a few and GRRC is one of them, just seeing if anyone had experience there or was a member.

I am not aware of any other 1000 range in MN. GRRC has a covered 1000 yd firing point with fixed benches. We shoot from the grass ground out in front of the benches. The other positions are uncovered and may require hauling your gear a bit. The pits can be pretty wet. Waterproof, rubberboots are always a good idea there. Skeeters can be an issue, but it's Minnesota, so that's not news.

They have a nice campground, with limited electric and no other hook ups. I can't remember what else.

I am not aware of any other 1000 range in MN. GRRC has a covered 1000 yd firing point with fixed benches. We shoot from the grass ground out in front of the benches. The other positions are uncovered and may require hauling your gear a bit. The pits can be pretty wet. Waterproof, rubberboots are always a good idea there. Skeeters can be an issue, but it's Minnesota, so that's not news.

They have a nice campground, with limited electric and no other hook ups. I can't remember what else.
Thx

Looking to find a Twin Cities 1000y rifle range and am considering GRRC. Anybody here a member or have experience with this range/club?

I was wondering about that club myself. I would love to just be able to shoot at 400 without driving up north to a clear cut.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back