Any .260 Fans?

Danceswithracks

Got one several years ago when my daughter was hunting. It is a 700 Mountain Rifle. She was good with it and took deer and antelope with it. It wears a Leupold 2.5X8. I like it because it is so light. Dumped the OEM laminated wood and put a Ti stock on it. Shoots good with low recoil.

Any other .260 fans out there?

What is your favorite load? Mine is a 100 Hornady SP on top of some RL-15. Cheap bullet kicks butt!

Pronghunt010.jpg

Pronghunt021.jpg

I (read my kids) shoot a .260 also. What an awesome, flat shooting, low recoil, whack'em and stack'em round.

We only have the opportunity to use it on whitetail however it certainly gets the job done. I bought it about eight years ago and planned on giving it to my oldest when he was ready. Believe me when I say he had to pry it out of my hands to pass it on. I now shoot a .270 WSM however the .260 taught me bigger isn't always better.

The downside is I am starting to have trouble finding ammunition on the shelf. I plan to buy two or three boxes and have someone reload locally next time. Without a doubt the gun prefers lighter loads in the 125 range.

I'm a huge fan of the 6,5x55 and Lapua Scenars...I just never warmed up to the 308 or its offspring, tho they are no doubt efficient little buggers...

I'm with you on the .260 - consider it one of the best calibers out there for a no nonsense, efficient, shooter friendly rifle. Bought my oldest daughter one (of course I bought it a couple of years before she would actually use it. Had to made sure it would work ok didn't I ?). Got her a Remington Model 7 with a laminate stock (she thought it was pretty), took the open sites off & mounted a Leupold 4X scope. Had the trigger reworked by a friend of my father in law who was an absolute magician with triggers. She killed her first big game animal with it last season, an antelope. Her mom has killed two antelope with it also - threatens to steal it from her. If my daughter had had the good sense to be left handed like her dad I might steal it myself. Wouldn't hesitate to use it on anything from coyotes to elk.

The .260 is my next project build....not anytime soon, however.

Have heard that H4350 and RL15 are the powders to use.

I use RL15 with the little 100 gr. HSP she took the above antelope with. Works good on mulies too!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back