Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anti-first post

Gunnison Basin late season deer might be the most overrated tag in the west, I went into it fully knowing that and was still not impressed, definitely a glory tag, and definitely incredibly frustrating to hunt, so many bucks, so few that are better than you can find every day in 0-1 point units...

did a euro once for a guy that spent a chunk of points down there. his first deer. he thought it was a booner.

you could tell he was a little confused, maybe even put off, by the size of the deer i shot this year, even though it only had one antler, but particularly that it costs zero points in the draw and that i got it off the returned list anyway.

gunnison tag, as i understand you'll see deer like this by the truckload. but they're really nothing standout special for the points necessary:
IMG-6995.jpg

zero point tag:
IMG-0626.jpg

i wish i could put em side by side.

there are very few deer tags in this state worth saving points for, unless your primary focus is having less pressured hunts.

i dunno actually. i've been perusing 231 on onx again and am getting all hot and bothered about backpacking into some new spots i've never been to
Don’t let yourself get sucked in. Some guy on a wheeler will go around any gate and blow right by ya 10 minutes before day break.

Gunnison Basin late season deer might be the most overrated tag in the west, I went into it fully knowing that and was still not impressed, definitely a glory tag, and definitely incredibly frustrating to hunt, so many bucks, so few that are better than you can find every day in 0-1 point units...
Yeah I feel like a 190” deer could come out of any unit in Colorado. There’s a lot of hype for those units in particular though.

Just because I want to beat @wllm to it.... Unit 18

MT 416... first time some shot over me at a critter, pronghorn on a pivot

Walden Res, Colorado duck hunting... absolute shit show had a guy walk into the middle of my spread and while standing chest deep start sky busting ducks

Alaska Nelchina herd... looked like the military build up to invade a country

Unit 53 Colorado Elk... more bros then a Utah total archery challenge. Only time I've seen 6-8 guys trying to "hunt" elk together with bows.

just remembered. i wouldn't hunt 79 for mule deer again in wyoming. especially for the several points it takes.

granted i was a very new hunter at the time and had no idea what i was doing trying to find early october mule deer. i bet i could do a lot better now. but i def won't be looking to get that tag again.

Region C deer in Wyoming, not my tag but tagged along with a buddy. First choice areas we backed out because the gravel roads in the area resembled a Wisconsin used truck lot. Also camps and orange hats everywhere. Went and checked out some state ground in another unit, same thing only worse habitat. Finally, decided to run up into the Bighorns, found a campsite and hunted there a few days seeing exactly 3 mule deer does in the process and more old moose/elk sign than anything. Went down to yet another couple units west of Kaycee and could hardly find a spot to park on most of the BLM or state ground. He eventually lucked into a buck but I for damn sure am saving a few points for a different area when my time comes.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back